• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

True ^, but I was razed Jehovahs Witness, so I would imagine my (all be it twisted) understanding of the Bible is quite different from yours. Spirituality is a supremely subjective undertaking, Religion on the other hand, is organized subjectivity. Look what David Korresh, and Jim Baker did with the Bible. I don't think human's are weak, but we are naturally self serving. If religious leaders and their followers (also called sheep, or lambs) actually followed the example of their prophets, the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately, power often has a very negative influence on humans. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, from molesting children to slaughtering innocent people. Hearts of darkness. 

Ummm My parents were witnesses as well. Spent half my childhood in a JW home and the other half in a Missionary Baptist home...I agree with the rest too lol.

• Like 1

yes and no, most humans are weak minded.  If not, then why are more prone to addiction than others? This can be debated obviously like anything else because geneticist will say it's in our genes while  others will say the environment plays a key role.  I do believe it's the egoistic and self serving spiritual leaders that give religion a bad rap because they cherry pick what they want to espouse in order to justify their position (a la Jim Jones), which is very similar to politicians. To me the best religion is the one that practices not just say be kind or the one who truly follows the "golden rule" not the one that makes the rules because they have the gold.

• Like 1

They built a place around the corner about 5 years ago. And we figured uh-oh-here we go. But they never came. NOW, they think they can shit where they eat and have started showing up.

Its time you fight fire with fire, dress up as a member of some charity and show up at their door during mass and ask for money....win win!

• Like 1

That was intense.

I had to look up the video, because it was posted on a news website and only showed an edited down version. It started playing from the point where the male officer was kneeling over the guy being shot. 

So after a little bit of google and youtube the more comprehensive videos could be seen. The narrative of the news article insinuated the officer used excessive force. 

• Like 4