• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

One way to assure that your new religion flourishes is to allow members to kill off all other ones. Another is to promote large families. (more new members) At the time a strong family was the best method to make new members, so no birth control, no homos, marriage and no divorce, strong religious control over women and reproduction. Anything contrary to 'normal' reproduction is OUT! Islam was invented (about 600 years later) as an option to counter the very successful Christian religion so only reasonable to include the caveat about slaughtering infidels too.   

• Like 2

As i get older and wiser and reading up on various religion, i have been leaning more towards buddhism and taoism. They dont condemm u because u are a non beliver. Although some say that buddhism is a philosophy rather than a religion, as a whole, they have never waged war.

• Like 1

I have to defend against a statement that YOU introduced? I don't know, ask a bible scholar. I did not say they were the same. What I did say is they are both religions... and they are, so both apples... or both oranges. As far as I'm concerned, one is as bad as the other at one time or another and like every religion are subject to fanatics. Again apples or oranges.

• Like 1

I'm not spinning shit. I asked you to show me where in the Bible it says to kill others based ONLY on their religion. ANd you've shucked & jived since. Admit it-you can't.

Come on train, you are spinning shit. you're saying Muslims by virtue of the Quran's message have been more violent than Christian by virtue of the Bible's message. absolute bull shit. "Christianity has been more of a threat to society. Let the historical record speak for itself..."

http://atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/religious-atrocities-history

As i get older and wiser and reading up on various religion, i have been leaning more towards buddhism and taoism. They dont condemm u because u are a non beliver. Although some say that buddhism is a philosophy rather than a religion, as a whole, they have never waged war.

Except in Thailand where "Peaceloving" buddhists are killing Muslems!

It's even more absurd even today. An immortal Jew (well being killed, and then rising from the dead is sort of immortal) born by a virgin, who could walk on water and who's father .was an invisible, omnipotent, wrath filled, egotistical god who completely changed after his son was born and became a sensitive understanding loving god

Yeah, this part. Did god have a life altering epiphany ? Was there an intervention in heaven?

Curious to know if thats old testament cuz from my understanding the new testament is more about the golden rule and turning the other cheek.

Then there's the modified Quaker rule!  "If he strikes you on the left cheek, turn unto him your right cheek.  If he strikes it, deck the MF!"  Seems to be President Nixon's creed!

Edited by MikeRL411
  • Like 1

Come on train, you are spinning shit. you're saying Muslims by virtue of the Quran's message have been more violent than Christian by virtue of the Bible's message. absolute bull shit. "Christianity has been more of a threat to society. Let the historical record speak for itself..."

http://atheistnexus.org/profiles/blogs/religious-atrocities-history

The Middle East has been at war for thousands of years,killing off their own.In modern times Christianity does not promote killing of innocent people.What did you expect an atheist website to tell you ? what are their thoughts about Muslims ? Comparing Christianity from 300 to 600 a.d. is no comparison to what goes on today.That was what,1500 years ago ? I sure dont wonder when the next Christian backed terrorist attack will be.I will guess that within the next month there will be another Muslim backed terrorist attack.

The Middle East has been at war for thousands of years,killing off their own.In modern times Christianity does not promote killing of innocent people.What did you expect an atheist website to tell you ? what are their thoughts about Muslims ? Comparing Christianity from 300 to 600 a.d. is no comparison to what goes on today.That was what,1500 years ago ? I sure dont wonder when the next Christian backed terrorist attack will be.I will guess that within the next month there will be another Muslim backed terrorist attack.

I comes down to extremists and fanatics. Oxygen is good for you and essential for life but too much will kill you. I said it several pages back, no one is innocent. Pretty sure Muslims that are being killed in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, (w/e) by 'western' forces consider it a Christian terrorist attack.