• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how zealots from either theology for some reason take the books from the Koran or Bible and apply them as commandments for them to follow vs seeing them as historic accounts of where the faith has come from. Its odd that the account of Abraham in some way should mean that everything he was commanded to do by his God at that specific time somehow is applicable to anyone beyond him...If he was commanded to kill his enemy to spare his people in HIS time. Then that has zero application now.. Same goes for the apostles in the Koran.. Just because someone was commanded to kill or be killed 2500 years ago does not mean the shit still applies now. These are historical events recorded for the people of these faiths to see the rough path it has taken.

For the Most part Christians have figured this out through a civilized society.. But the same cannot be said for Muslims. What I also find funny is people who are not a regular script readers play scholars and condemn people who do. Like many books you cannot get the whole story by reading a single chapter. Then applying that chapter to whatever opinion you may hold.

But I play a Doctor at my house all the time.

• Like 1

True ^, but I was razed Jehovahs Witness, so I would imagine my (all be it twisted) understanding of the Bible is quite different from yours. Spirituality is a supremely subjective undertaking, Religion on the other hand, is organized subjectivity. Look what David Korresh, and Jim Baker did with the Bible. I don't think human's are weak, but we are naturally self serving. If religious leaders and their followers (also called sheep, or lambs) actually followed the example of their prophets, the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately, power often has a very negative influence on humans. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, from molesting children to slaughtering innocent people. Hearts of darkness. 

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQAatP4NLc

Point,set-match. Ya'll are dismissed.

Mossab Hassan Yousef? This is the guy you use to strengthen a position for Christianity? He has stated he is:

"against religion" and does not adhere to any denomination of Christianity. He has stated "Religion steals freedom, kills creativity, turns us into slaves and against one another. Yes, I am talking about Christianity as well as Islam. Most Christians I have seen, seem to have missed the point"

I mean, I'm not hating, I'm just surprised to see you align with him.

Merely a Shakespeare quote.

“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”
  • Like 2