• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people really understand what Drumpf ( his real name) is capable of.

No one has addressed the fact that he is probably insane. Look at his rapidly changing facial expressions.

No I am not talking about a mental case babbling on the street corner, I am talking about someone whom dwells in the shadow world of the massive ego and develops the heart of darkness.

That is, as a function of ego expansion the will to come up with action and do it without checks & balances or outside influence.

It is mostly rooted in negative emotions; fear, hatred, anger as these are the most viscerally powerful

It is not good for psychic health to have an ego the size of a small planet.

Heart of darkness is what makes people formulate and complete the action of flying planes into the sides of buildings.

Heart of darkness is behind mass killings.

One cannot guard against it because most people in modern America have had it bred out of them.

Including in our political process as political bureaucracy is antithetical to the heart of darkness.

The type of personality of a Drumpf is exactly the type to get the deadlocked wheels in the political process turning again if he can gather enough followers.

As Drumpf has been thus far been motivated by greed, he has largely played the American game and quite well I guess.

He is winning because that is what he says he is going to do.

What will he do next?

When I was younger and less informed I admit I had the same thought decades ago of building a Berlin Wall on the southern border.

But then when he got to the opinion of fighting total war against terrorists I knew that this guy has slipped off the deep end.

I have had that thought as well and that is a very dark place to live in; to contemplate murder as a clinical function divorced from human emotion.

In his head Drumpf has already won the election and is on his way to installing himself as emperor.

I read today online that Drumpf threatened Paul Ryan saying in effect that " he (Ryan) better get in line or there will be consequences as he (Drumpf) has millions of people on his side."

Millions of people to do exactly what? An armed to the teeth demographic of nihilistic followers!

If this guy gets voted in he is not going to roll over once he does not get his way and it will happen way faster than anyone was prepared for.

You think Obama is an imperial president?

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Seek professional help.

• Like 3

Wow - sounds like Trump, & Obama.

There is no longer such a diagnosis as a "Nervous Disease" let alone any disorder that uses rapidly changing facial expressions as a criteria for diagnosis. Most likely this is describing a bipolar 1 manic episode, or paranoid schizophrenia. Trump dose however meet criteria for a narcissistic personality disorder. See if this doesn't fit.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerating your achievements and talents
Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
Requiring constant admiration
Having a sense of entitlement
Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
Taking advantage of others to get what you want
Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Being envious of others and believing others envy you
Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

Bwahahaha , this guy; Shaw, Smith Cargyll. (2013). pp. 180-1. Essentials of Nervous Disease and Insanity: Their Symptoms and Treatment. London:  (Original work published 1907)

"an overactivity of all the mental functions: ideas flow with abnormal rapidity; persons conceive all kinds of projects; their physical activity corresponds to their mental exaltation; they are in constant motion; all the perceptions and the memory are keen; they recall readily past occurrences, plunge precipitately from one idea to another, and speak constantly. The facial expression is animated, but rapidly and frequently changes; they are irritable and suspicious; they cannot bear the least opposition or contradiction. in rapid successon  and readily become angry and violent. They are the victims of their rapidly changing ideas and impulses. There is a feeling of personal importance. Men organize all sorts of business plans."

It's old but it suits my purposes.

Essentials of Nervous Disease and Insanity was originally printed, and copyrighted October, 1891. It was updated through 1907. At the time the study of "psychology" hadn't even come about. It was a simple offshoot of medical practice back then. Note the use of the word "Disease" rather than the psychological term "Disorder". It makes sense the book was discontinued in 07 when you consider Sigmund Freud started publishing his work right about the same time. His theories of human psychology redefined how academic medicine viewed the mind. Although the field of psychology and neuropathology have moved beyond Freud's model, Dude pretty much started the whole phenomenological psyche thing.

The Interpretation of Dreams (1900)

The Psychopathology of Everyday Life (1901)

My favorite, Jokes and Their Relation to the Unconscious (1905)

On Narcissism ( 1914)

His coup de grâce, Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1917)

His most read, Civilization and Its Discontents (1930)

• Like 1