Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

... steam locomotives were still in use. Brother and I would walk down to the wooden bridge to the lower acreage. We'd wave at the engineer and he's blow the whistle. Or jack the throttle on full for a few seconds just as he passed underneath and the steam and smoke would blow up through the cracks between the timbers. Then we'd climb down and hunt for the pennies we had put on the track.

So you grew up in a Norman Rockwell painting?  😁

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, Duncan said:

Another one was the Chappaquidick incident.  That was the biggest bullshit story ever by a politician, and he somehow got away with it.

They all get away with their misdeeds.

All politicians are worthless sacks of shit.

• Like 4

Ted fucked his chance of ever becoming president, and don't kid yourself he had his eye on the prize, so he didn't get away clean. He was still a womanizing prick and a drunk. There are three things that become respectable with age... old buildings, old madams and old politicians. In his later years he did champion some worthwhile causes.

• Like 1

Yeah. Most want to leave a good legacy like a positive change. Rather than being known as a drunken womanizer of poor character. Maybe he woke up one day and figured he's better get in before the lock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

... steam locomotives were still in use. Brother and I would walk down to the wooden bridge to the lower acreage. We'd wave at the engineer and he's blow the whistle. Or jack the throttle on full for a few seconds just as he passed underneath and the steam and smoke would blow up through the cracks between the timbers. Then we'd climb down and hunt for the pennies we had put on the track.

So you grew up before they invented dirt?

Edited by angliagt
  • Haha 2

Had to get some blood drawn for lab work the other day.

I see the guy before me had to leave a urine sample.

Boy, he really has something wrong with his pee.

3F937812-E5EF-47AF-AD13-AE4F20E0E5E4.jpeg

• Haha 2
On 7/8/2022 at 4:24 AM, ratpatrol66 said:

This reminded me of back in the day my Dad would take me to the homestead racetrack south of Miami. There were races with the fancy race cars ( I was 9 ) so that's what I called them. Then at the end of the evening there was a "run what you brung" race. There were wood paneled country squire station wagons, Van's, pick ups and everything in between. But my Dad surprised me one time by taking me to the Joie Chitwood show. About 1980. I can't find a video of that show but they were using chevy chevettes. About 6 of them were scrap metal at the end but it is a memory etched in my mind forever. 

• Like 5