Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

You are in for a rough morning! This was today at work. The tug I work on in is drydock for inspection. It has some beefy props. Just a couple of rough  numbers. 2 20 cylinder EMDs for engines at 5k hp each. 240k gallons onboard of diesel. Its basically engines and fuel tanks. We burn 9k gallons of fuel per day. More if we are pushing it.20220529_070020.thumb.jpg.1df21b55faa6c327b6365ed3eb77b30a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prime example of the dumbasses that do "construction" around my new location.  For a place that gets almost 50 inches of annual rainfall, these morons don't know the first thing about waterproofing, or building codes and why they exist.  

What's a sill pan?!

What's building paper?!

What's bituthane?

What's flashing?

And the deck is also built wrong, from the post connections to the ledger connections.

FFS!

IMG_20220604_193711500_copy_1024x768.jpg

IMG_20220604_191114452_copy_1024x768.jpg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Prime example of the dumbasses that do "construction" around my new location.  For a place that gets almost 50 inches of annual rainfall, these morons don't know the first thing about waterproofing, or building codes and why they exist.  

What's a sill pan?!

What's building paper?!

What's bituthane?

What's flashing?

And the deck is also built wrong, from the post connections to the ledger connections.

FFS!

Keep digging theres plenty more. I had a little sill repair plus floor last year. Not my favorite type of project.

20210610_113447.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, I know. The whole deck is going to have to come down most likely since the ledger isn't waterproofed at all and it's only supported by posts at the outer side. This is the main floor over the walkout basement.  Siding has to come off, door package has to come out for a pan & waterproofing, etc etc

• Sad 1
On 6/4/2022 at 6:06 PM, thisismatt said:

What's a sill pan?!

What's building paper?!

What's bituthane?

What's flashing?

FFS!

Had to replace the whole floor to my mud room from shit construction... Not a single water proofing implement among the old work, and the people ran a construction / Contractor business..... 

3 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

Had to replace the whole floor to my mud room from shit construction... Not a single water proofing implement among the old work, and the people ran a construction / Contractor business..... 

I don't even want to admit the things my current employer does, but in their defense everyone around here seems to do it that way and if they did best practices they'd probably get underbid on everything. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

• Like 1

Today, an older gentleman tapped on the window my wagon as I was waiting at a drive-up window and asked me if I might be interested in a 1981 Datsun 210 four door sedan for $200.

Runs/drives/4 speed/AC/116K, all glass is good, slight passenger fender, grill damage but otherwise very slick. Worst part: Texas tags (expired for eight years), never registered here in Oklahoma aaaaaanddddd no title.

If the car had ever been registered in Oklahoma no registrations for eight years would mean it was washed out of the DMV's system. No clue about Texas DMV policy.

Seller drives a fairly late model F150, lives in his shop building (surrounded by junk cars) and I think is trying to raise beer money between army retirement pay.

He was surprised to see the NAPZ engine in my A10 (kept calling it a truck engine) and mentioned he had a running one with the five speed out of a truck he'd scrapped because of rust.

Just before I left he said that $150 would probably buy it. If it was an A10 I wouldn't hesitate but a 210 without a title......? I've never ever purchased or even had a title-less vehicle on the place.

9 minutes ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Today, an older gentleman tapped on the window my wagon as I was waiting at a drive-up window and asked me if I might be interested in a 1981 Datsun 210 four door sedan for $200.

Runs/drives/4 speed/AC/116K, all glass is good, slight passenger fender, grill damage but otherwise very slick. Worst part: Texas tags (expired for eight years), never registered here in Oklahoma aaaaaanddddd no title.

If the car had ever been registered in Oklahoma no registrations for eight years would mean it was washed out of the DMV's system. No clue about Texas DMV policy.

Seller drives a fairly late model F150, lives in his shop building (surrounded by junk cars) and I think is trying to raise beer money between army retirement pay.

He was surprised to see the NAPZ engine in my A10 (kept calling it a truck engine) and mentioned he had a running one with the five speed out of a truck he'd scrapped because of rust.

Just before I left he said that $150 would probably buy it. If it was an A10 I wouldn't hesitate but a 210 without a title......? I've never ever purchased or even had a title-less vehicle on the place.

Bill of sale is all that is needed to register by mail in Vermont, pretty easy to do.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Texas policy is 20 years. And you can't get the "correct" title unless you have access to the last registered owner. 

And if you buy it for me, I'll pay you triple that, title or no.  😁

• Like 2