New Classifieds

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The time limit on classified posts has given me a great new idea.  The time limit can be applied to any posts by Ratwagon1600 and RedBanner, then adjusted down to 1 second so the rest of us don't have to trudge waist deep through their crap.

• Like 1

It's about had it.....

How about you just delete all their posts since there are still legitimate questions and concerns about the new system. I know there are a couple of us that are waiting on how to re-post ads. 

How about you just delete all their posts since there are still legitimate questions and concerns about the new system. I know there are a couple of us that are waiting on how to re-post ads. 

Since about only 10% of this thread has constructive ideas, I agree.

You could ban some, but then they will go crying someplace else saying how the ratsun mods are unfair, boo hoo.

this is honestly much more entertaining than insomniacs to me lol. altho I do have to say i'm with banner on the 2-3000 active members, tho I guess it depends on your definition of active.  been on in the last 6 months? ok, I can see 2-3000 under that definition. been on in the last week or 2? 3-400. been on in the last week and actually posted? maybe 100. I could be off, but there honestly seems like theres maybe 100-300 members that are consistently on and helping/bullshitting.  I also agree with 510freak that we should run a poll, but not necessarily for the same reason he thinks we should. we keep hearing from each side that the majority of members agree with them, but there is no concrete evidence to either side, just shouts of "nuh-uh, they support me!!!!!!!" i'd say use it as an indicator, if most people vote for the new classifieds, then those members complaining that it should change back to the old way have no leg to stand on, and maybe we can stick to actual questions and concerns about the new system. if most people vote against it, maybe we can figure out some middle ground since its already been stated that its not going back.  either way, it'll stop the shouting of "the members are with me!" by both sides, and at least kill an argument that's being used in 1/4 of these posts.

• Like 3

1295357821troll-line-i2645.jpg

the amount of flat out butthurt, pissing, moaning, unproductive hissy fits, and pure dickery
in this thread highly disappoints me, call a new section "not Ratsun"? how about the over all behavior in this thread?
thats whats really not Ratsun.... aught to be fucking ashamed of yourselves... :no:

There where some posts that where productive in the process of addressing and fixing issues and settings with
the new set up, because like all things it takes a little time to get it set up and running the way wed all like it to.
but that was just over shadowed by completely worthless bitching hissy fits, congrats.

• Like 8

the amount of flat out butthurt, pissing, moaning, unproductive hissy fits, and pure dickery

in this thread highly disappoints me, call a new section "not Ratsun"? how about the over all behavior in this thread?

thats whats really not Ratsun.... aught to be fucking ashamed of yourselves... :no:

There where some posts that where productive in the process of addressing and fixing issues and settings with

the new set up, because like all things it takes a little time to get it set up and running the way wed all like it to.

but that was just over shadowed by completely worthless bitching hissy fits, congrats.

joker.gif

AMEN!!!!

I see a lot of members here making statements that are not based on any facts what so ever, on both sides, that is my opinion of course, but let us just look at the facts, at post 445(there are 776 posts now) on this thread, I did a little checking because a member said this thread was full of whiners, as it turned out there were 103 member posts that liked the new classifieds, some of which were the same members posting over and over trying to make their point, there were 62 member posts that did not like the new classifieds, some of which were the same members posting over and over trying to make their point, and then there was the rest of the member posts, which was 280 posts, and that is what this thread is actually full of, members asking questions and getting answers, not whiners, and there are whiners on both sides here.

I don't want to take the time to continue from post 445 to find out if the percentages have changed, as it takes time I don't want to waste on such a stupid thing, but I would suspect it would still be about the same percentage.

The whole thing is childish now, I have been quoted as immature, when in fact, I likely have somewhere around 10 posts on this whole thread, and the person that called me immature is in fact post happy on this thread.

I'll bet that most on here that like the new classifieds thought I had way more posts than that against the new classifieds.

I see a lot of Ratsun members speaking for the owner of this thread, which is very sad, as I am sure if he had something to say, he would say it himself.

• Like 2

I see a lot of members here making statements that are not based on any facts what so ever, on both sides, that is my opinion of course, but let us just look at the facts, at post 445(there are 776 posts now) on this thread, I did a little checking because a member said this thread was full of whiners, as it turned out there were 103 member posts that liked the new classifieds, some of which were the same members posting over and over trying to make their point, there were 62 member posts that did not like the new classifieds, some of which were the same members posting over and over trying to make their point, and then there was the rest of the member posts, which was 280 posts, and that is what this thread is actually full of, members asking questions and getting answers, not whiners, and there are whiners on both sides here.

I don't want to take the time to continue from post 445 to find out if the percentages have changed, as it takes time I don't want to waste on such a stupid thing, but I would suspect it would still be about the same percentage.

The whole thing is childish now, I have been quoted as immature, when in fact, I likely have somewhere around 10 posts on this whole thread, and the person that called me immature is in fact post happy on this thread.

I'll bet that most on here that like the new classifieds thought I had way more posts than that against the new classifieds.

I see a lot of Ratsun members speaking for the owner of this thread, which is very sad, as I am sure if he had something to say, he would say it himself.

Are you referring to my post where I referred to people having discussions in classified threads as immature in general, and nowhere referred to you individually?

• Like 1

Maybe you should have named names.

Why? I'm not singling out anyone, simply pointing out a culture of immaturity in forum classifieds which is broader than ratsun.  The ratsun administration simply did something (removed the discussion portion) that cuts the immaturity off at the pass. 

• Like 1

I don't think thisismatt meant towards anyone particular person on the "immaturity" comment  :) .... (that might have came off wrong)

. more-so of that "green cloud of bullshit" ... like the craigslist flaking troller club monthly ....that lurks/creeps comes along...  in which you simply can't shake off a pm or your ad.. lol.... :console:

30-day "extended" advertisement's initiated IN .... 3 ..... 2 ..... 1 ....!!!

AWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAHHHHHHH :thumbup: !!!

Thankyou sirs ! :thumbup:

Are you referring to my post where I referred to people having discussions in classified threads as immature in general, and nowhere referred to you individually?

What format are you talking about?  Classified ads, by definition, are not discussion forums.  Why is that so hard?  Why is it so hard for people to keep discussions out of classified ads?  Immaturity I guess.  I don't see why this is such a thorn up peoples' butts.  If I'm looking for compatibility answers, there are, what, 27 discussion forums where that question can be directed.  Make a pointed list of concerns for the mods to address - being able to banter in a classified ad shouldn't be one of them.

you're right, you didn't refer to him individually. but since he has posted discussion in classifieds, he, myself, mike, skib, and a lot of other members got put under the immaturity umbrella.  i'm assuming that's not exactly what you meant, but when you put up something like that in the middle of what has amounted to a fairly heated argument, it gets taken somewhat out of context. and skib, sorry that not everyones opinion lines up with yours, and not all of us managed to say shit in the way we should have. but as has been pointed out in this thread already throwing a completely worthless bitching hissy fit(to use your words) about others throwing completely worthless bitching hissy fits kinda defeats the purpose of what you had to say.  personally i'm still down for this to either be locked, or be re-labeled as insomniacs 3.0 :rofl:

you're right, you didn't refer to him individually. but since he has posted discussion in classifieds, he, myself, mike, skib, and a lot of other members got put under the immaturity umbrella.  i'm assuming that's not exactly what you meant, but when you put up something like that in the middle of what has amounted to a fairly heated argument, it gets taken somewhat out of context. and skib, sorry that not everyones opinion lines up with yours, and not all of us managed to say shit in the way we should have. but as has been pointed out in this thread already throwing a completely worthless bitching hissy fit(to use your words) about others throwing completely worthless bitching hissy fits kinda defeats the purpose of what you had to say.  personally i'm still down for this to either be locked, or be re-labeled as insomniacs 3.0 :rofl:

We all can be immature at times, so yes we're all under the umbrella as you say.  I think enough people have proven time and again that they can't be mature in a classified ad thread, hence the admin allowing the change to no discussions in the classifieds. 

• Like 1

We all can be immature at times, so yes we're all under the umbrella as you say.  I think enough people have proven time and again that they can't be mature in a classified ad thread, hence the admin allowing the change to no discussions in the classifieds. 

plus less clutter to look through when buying something. if you want to talk, do it in other threads, dont do it where someone is trying to sell something. if you need to ask them questions, just PM them. that simple. i love the new classifieds. way more organized as well.

• Like 1