What vehicle will YOU NOT DRIVE or own?

Anything front wheel drive. Dont care who made it, dont want it. Wont drive it.

I've allowed myself to be talked into several Chevy's. Mostly trucks. There was only 1 that wasn't a total disapointment. A 78 burb 4x4 with so much rust it became unsafe. It went through Hell though. The last one ( 96 silverado 1500 4x4) was so bad, I am now done for life . No fucking way. You guys can have all of them. I'll stick to my 78 f250 460/c6. It is a big heavy bastard to work on, and it gets 8mpg at best, But it rolls like a caddy, and it will pull a mountain. That POS Silverado wouldn't haul a sack of groceries.  

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a lot of Ford haters here. I love mine. I currently have an 06 Taurus, have owned an 04 Focus, an 07 Sport Trac,and a 93 Ranger. All with ZERO PROBLEMS. And built without American taxpayer dollars! Besides that I have worked as a tech for Ford, Toyota, and GM and UNLIKE Government Motors Ford had a lot less problems, and find permanent solutions for problems, and they support their techs better. And they are a lot easier to work on. Then there is the fact I have owned two GM cars, both had a ton of problems, the 97 Fireturd being the worst I ever owned. So I would NEVER own another GM product. Besides that BOWTIES ARE FOR LITTLE BOYS! :P

And Toyota makes some nice cars, but I didn't like their handling of the throttle issues, let alone the big problem with the 3.0 liter engines and the oil drain holes in the head being too small causing oil to turn ot gel, and blaming the consumers with BS and lies. Then there is their blatant lies of newer commercials, like the last one with the Tundra "pulling" the Space Shuttle. Look that up sometime. It was merely GUIDING it, the trailer has its own motors. That or any other pickup could not move, let alone pull that 200,000 pound load! You would need a special built semi for that. Besides that they do build some reliable cars, but they newer ones are FUGLY! And I can't drive anything that their performance division spells out T :poop: RD!

And while I loved all my three Nissans (94 Hardbody, 01 Frontier, 80 720) I have owned, they new ones look too weird.

• Like 1

I too going to disagree with Ford haters.  You do not know what you are missing.  I have a Ford Aerostar, 189,xxx miles.   I have had to have the head gaskets replaced on it twice, but a lot of people here have replaced head gaskets on their Datsun.

I like the fact that Ford did not get a bailout.  

Having said that, in my experience, people who drive BMW's are a little pretentious.

Damn rangers, I forgot about those. I LOVE the older ones. But for work, we were given a brand new base model 2011 Ranger a year or two back and it was a PIECE.

From the year we had it to the time we got our Versa (LOVE those little things btw) we ended up having to replace the power steering pump/pressure line because I was making a U-turn and it literally exploded, replace one tire and have it aligned, and replace turn signal bulbs like crazy.

And sebrings suck. No need to tell you all why, you already know.

Two things I really hate right now are the BIG lifted "I AM MAN" trucks and I am so sorry, but what was Nissan thinking with the Cube? People actually buy those things?

Yah, The Cube. If I was broke down and needed a ride I would have to think about it before I'd get in a Cube, and only with a lady driver.

Never ever had any luck with Chevy trucks...  My company  before and after i bought it has had over 60 new fleet vehicles in the last 20 years...  we gave up on Mazdas after the B2500 Ford/mazda and gave up on Chevys after a 2000 s10 and a base model full size... all three trucks suffered serious safety defects at under 40k kms ... the Chevy  full size lost its engine a 61k kms, the S10 dropped the front stabilizer bar while i was driving it, and the Mazda Ranger had the worst stability on any small truck I've ever driven- fucking thing was a pinball to drive. 

I've owned my '64 Fairlane for 17 years (this month actually) and also owned it from '87-88 but I'm not a Ford guy so much as it's a chunk of my childhood and I lost my, ummmm, *innocence* in the thing.

a7b.jpg

high school graduation, 1988.

me65xmas12.jpg

Christmas day, 2012.

as far as "would not be caught dead in":

kia soul

pt cruiser convertible

honda ridgeline

aztec

VW fox

• Like 1
Damn rangers, I forgot about those. I LOVE the older ones. But for work, we were given a brand new base model 2011 Ranger a year or two back and it was a PIECE.

From the year we had it to the time we got our Versa (LOVE those little things btw) we ended up having to replace the power steering pump/pressure line because I was making a U-turn and it literally exploded, replace one tire and have it aligned, and replace turn signal bulbs like crazy.

And sebrings suck. No need to tell you all why, you already know.

I would bet that the issues were more with the drivers at your work than the quality of that truck. I've always found that when more than one person shares a vehicle that they don't have to pay for (group company car, rental car) shit just gets trashed.

Funny all the hate and problems with Rangers. I have an 08 with 52k miles, 2.3 all alum, dohc16 valve / stick, and I could have welded the hood shut the day i bought it. Never took it back for any warranty issues. I beat the shit out of it. Some of my Ford hating freinds say I got the only good one. Maybe so.

Neighbor drives his dad's 90 something ranger (late 90s), truck has over 400k miles and he beats the shit out of it. It isn't always the vehicle, its the mechanic. This guy spins the tires every day, not a little skip. Goes through tires in two months. But, he is a damn good mechanic and he keeps it running. I just hate ford because every one my mom and dad ever owned had the transmissions die on them, so I swore I would never own one.

Im not a hater when it comes to specific brands, but I know for sure that the Ranger my dad had when I was little was a complete POS. He used it as a work truck and I know my dad never thrashed it hard... still, shit was falling off of it, computers were burning out constantly, everything was crappy about it. Bought an S10 after that and it was great. 

Funny all the hate and problems with Rangers. I have an 08 with 52k miles, 2.3 all alum, dohc16 valve / stick, and I could have welded the hood shut the day i bought it. Never took it back for any warranty issues. I beat the shit out of it. Some of my Ford hating freinds say I got the only good one. Maybe so.

My dad has one that has 256000 miles and the only thing done was the normal bull shit.I think it is a 89

Im not a hater when it comes to specific brands, but I know for sure that the Ranger my dad had when I was little was a complete POS. He used it as a work truck and I know my dad never thrashed it hard... still, shit was falling off of it, computers were burning out constantly, everything was crappy about it. Bought an S10 after that and it was great. 

V6 ?