What vehicle will YOU NOT DRIVE or own?

This is where my Ford hate started. I was "forced" to drive a Maverick for about 3 months while my DD was being painted. Biggest POS I have ever driven. I also rented a Ford Escape once. The car had 18 miles on it. When you went above 25 MPH, the AC would turn off and the quality sucked all over. Then, I tried again, rented a new Mustang, had less than 100 miles on it, left me stranded in Michigan on a business trip. Done with Fords.

1972_ford_maverick_ldo3_original.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where my Ford hate started. I was "forced" to drive a Maverick for about 3 months while my DD was being painted. Biggest POS I have ever driven. I also rented a Ford Escape once. The car had 18 miles on it. When you went above 25 MPH, the AC would turn off and the quality sucked all over. Then, I tried again, rented a new Mustang, had less than 100 miles on it, left me stranded in Michigan on a business trip. Done with Fords.

Well, there is your problem! You can't judge any type of car based off a damn rental car. They are all beat to hell.

Well, there is your problem! You can't judge any type of car based off a damn rental car. They are all beat to hell.

I worked in a body shop that had a rental car company as a customer. We would see the same cars over and over again.

I'll take that Maverick BTW.

• Like 2

I had a couple of Fords. We where a very ford family. Ford mustangs, econolines, etc. So in the 90's when father decided to buy a new "ford", he went with a 1998 ford windshart. BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT EVER! If I ever would say one car i would ever never own are minivans made from the big three.

To this day the windstar has 13 major recalls from fires caused from electrical, transmission, to the rear Axel coming lose.

So my list is

Ford. windstar, aerostar, exp, tempo, excursion. 

Amc eagle.

Chrysler lebaron, new yorker, town and country, pt looser.

Chevy citation, corsica, cavalier, chevette, lumina.

toyota camry, iq (scion)

honda accord, ridgeline

nissan cube, pulsar nx

smart car

I worked for the rental car company.  Our worst customer was the US Postal Service.  They'd take a Caravan and do the extreme rural remote routes that the Grumman LLVs couldn't do.  In a minivan.  They'd come back on a hook with the oil pans torn out.  The rental cost less than tearing up an LLV.

Every manufacturer has their problems.  Every car will fail eventually, even if maintenance is kept up.  People put up with a lot more problems with their "favorite" manufacturers than they do with ones they don't like. 

• Like 2

Have you even looked at some of the cars in that thread? Youre telling me you wont drive a Hako, Kenmeri, or a Laurel? I understand most people arent into the boso scene, but to specifically capitalize "any"... thats a bit much. Most people on this site would be into most of those cars in that thread if they were just in the shakotan theme (or lowered car).

I dislike driving anything manufactured past 1972..... I refuse to buy any new car, or car on payments.

I have a 1966 ford F250 with a 68 mustang 390 gt engine in it, and I LOVE driving it. I hate the fuel consumption but it's paid for, indestructable, and has character. I've owned probably 50+ cars, most were through trades and half not running.

Today I have 9 vehicles and slowly will get it back down to 3 (a fuel efficient DD, my truck, and wife's car)... And of course will keep an offroad and on-road bike...

speaking of fords on fire does any one know where the news clip of that texan ranting about how "that damn ford dun burnt muh house down" Uncle bubba. My mom was on a road trip from cali a few years ago with a marine friend of hers and he's Chris's uncle, hence uncle bubba. Just asked the momz i guess they gave him a multi million pay off and it was pulled. 1free internets for anyone if they can find it somewhere. Oh and when they stopped in Texas to visit Chris's family Bubba mom and chris where drinkin beer and walkin Bubbas property when a twelve foot rattle snake (largest ever seen in the U.S.) caused him to drop his beer, he ran off to the house came out with an other beer and a 12 gauge and blew its head off only because it made him spill his beer. And now the snake lives on as the crown trim of his trophy room. I really need to meet this man.  

These were all new rentals...each with less than 100 miles. Junk I tell you...junk!!! :-)

And I actually still own a previous rental car. I bought it with just over 50K on the clock. It's still a runner...no problems and it's a Cheby.

Honda accord. second car I had was one, went thru 5 radiators in 3 months. will never buy a Honda again, or drive one, and you have a hard time getting me to ride in one. i'd rather walk, and i'm fucking lazy as hell.

Thats too bad, I have 264,000 on my 97 Accord. It makes the 1000 mile trip from Boise to The Bakken oil field every month. Even survived our recent -55 degree weather!

Honda accord. second car I had was one, went thru 5 radiators in 3 months. will never buy a Honda again, or drive one, and you have a hard time getting me to ride in one. i'd rather walk, and i'm fucking lazy as hell.
Just because you can't fix it right doesn't mean it's a shitty car.
Just because you can't fix it right doesn't mean it's a shitty car.

3 different shops, didn't try and fix it myself.  and it wasn't a problem with the fix, something put a hole in the original one, and the next 5 (oem parts...) all had slow leaks. had a boatload of other problems with it, the radiator was just the final nail in the coffin for me. wasn't a huge fan of Hondas before that car, just cant stand em now.  granted I was a bit spoiled before and after cause my 87 hardbody that sat for 10 years and was beat to shit never had any problems, and my 97 200sx took me across the country 3 times with no issues, and didn't have any til it jumped the timing chain at 200k.  plus, I have learned over the years that when I have bad luck with a product, I have bad luck with em across the board.  used to freeze/crash macs when they had a reputation for never doing either, and it happened to me every time I touched one lol. so I figure better to just steer clear.

Huh? I would think there would be some type of warranty on that from the first shop. Sounds like super cheesy parts or bad installs to me. I've been around a lot of Hondas over the years and found them to be very reliable. Too bad the F&F crowd gave them such a negative rep. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

The new Mustang and the Challenger are the only two cars that have even slightly interested me in the last 40 years. Easier to say the ones I like rather than list all the ones that I don't. Off the top of my head can't think of any I absolutely hate but wouldn't ever see myself buying a new car specially a Nissan.