What vehicle will YOU NOT DRIVE or own?

What a lame subject - I'd drive what I have to,due to circumstances-

but if I'm buying a car to drive,there are some that I just couldn't buy.

Why are you guys so arrogant as to say you wouldn't drive "XXXX"?\

If it came down to driving a POS 100 miles,or walking,I'll bet that you'd drive

a POS (in your opinion).

- Doug 

LOL deathtrap!
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opel GTs. I have know too many creepy guys who owned 'em and heard the phrase, "Ya know, they're a poor man's version of a Corvette!" once too often.

1969_opel_gt_02.jpg,

the little '91 Capri convertibles. I kinda liked 'em when they came out but now, meh........

91merc63656-1.jpg

and kinda gettin' into obscure stuff but........

Crosley, 1940s American car

crosley1.jpg

Midget-street.jpg

King Midget kit car, offered from '46-70

That thing looks like a cross between yard wagon, a riding lawn mower and pieces of a refrigerator.

What a lame subject - I'd drive what I have to,due to circumstances-

but if I'm buying a car to drive,there are some that I just couldn't buy.

Why are you guys so arrogant as to say you wouldn't drive "XXXX"?\

If it came down to driving a POS 100 miles,or walking,I'll bet that you'd drive

a POS (in your opinion).

- Doug 

Never put yourself in a position to have to walk 100 miles. Every rule has an exception. Especially this one.

I would never own a pontiac ever again. That last Grand AM got on my last damn nerve, and the Aztek is just the nail on the coffin.

my ex got without a vehicle a few years back and we needed something cheap for her so we bought a '96 Grand Am with 207k for $700 on payments of $100 a month from a mechanic buddy of mine. if the car blew up before we paid it off we owed him nothing. we paid it off, wife once drove it three days with no oil pump, put a new pump in it and it was running with 260k on it when she got arrested for DUI and it was impounded. It had the four banger I always want to call the Quad Four but I know that's not what it was.

I'd never seek out another one, it had no style or soul but that little f*cker would not  die.

my ex got without a vehicle a few years back and we needed something cheap for her so we bought a '96 Grand Am with 207k for $700 on payments of $100 a month from a mechanic buddy of mine. if the car blew up before we paid it off we owed him nothing. we paid it off, wife once drove it three days with no oil pump, put a new pump in it and it was running with 260k on it when she got arrested for DUI and it was impounded. It had the four banger I always want to call the Quad Four but I know that's not what it was.

I'd never seek out another one, it had no style or soul but that little f*cker would not  die.

That's like seriously funny.

BTW your Prius link doesn't work. Prius, that is a seriously ugly car.....yet so freaking popular.

Its all that "great gas mileage" BS. IMO get an old diesel rabbit for gas mileage :)

my grandma owns one she brags about her 40 mpg i laugh and point out that my 78 subaru with compression at 100psi on all 4 pulls 30 just wait till i re ring it and its running the way it should 

my grandma owns one she brags about her 40 mpg i laugh and point out that my 78 subaru with compression at 100psi on all 4 pulls 30 just wait till i re ring it and its running the way it should 

Hers gets bad mileage. My friends rabbit gets 55 city, 60 highway. His mk2 diesel Jetta is getting 50 highway, 45 city.

Best yet, stick a 1.9L diesel (non turbo) in a rabbit, and get closer to 80.

Hers gets bad mileage. My friends rabbit gets 55 city, 60 highway. His mk2 diesel Jetta is getting 50 highway, 45 city.

Best yet, stick a 1.9L diesel (non turbo) in a rabbit, and get closer to 80.

thats my whole point they arent as good as people make them out to be not to mention all the shit it takes to make one

um what? They are good... Ill take 60mpg highway...

only if you dont drive like a douche my biggest issue is that i play with rc's and ive seen what happend when you puncture or damage a lipo cell the idea of literally sitting on top of that worries me 

Yea, I say burn them with fire. I laughed when my grandma went to look at one. She was like it gets great gas mileage and its safe. Next day grandpa comes home with a 10 year old (at the time) diesel jetta. His comment "look, great mileage, great crash ratings, cheap to replace, and cheap insurance."

Only thing my grandma hated was "it smelled funny." Personally I'll take funny smell over egg shaped POS any day, but then again driving my 620 leaves me smelling like gas 90% of the time...

BMW's,  I work on just enough of them to know….HELL NOOO!!

I think I'm done with euros, I'll drive them but won't own another. my E36 took a major crap on me suspension wise,keeping up the maintenance on the car was a pain. I won't own any of these major computerised cars they have on the market today, if I can't diagnose and fix a problem on my own or with help of friends its too high tech. Also won't own anything I can't outright pay with cash, I'm not trying to have yrs of payments on a car.