What vehicle will YOU NOT DRIVE or own?

Fixed :)

You know, I would like the say that... but I know for a fact that if I had a large sum of money where I could invest in a car the likes of a Bugatti, I would probably own more than just Datsuns. I would have quite a few nice Datsuns for sure, but Im sure there would be something else I would purchase as well. Ive had a "Lottery Plan" for awhile and it involves a lot of the Datsun and Nissan lifestyle, but it mos def includes a couple other cars in the garage as well. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I would like the say that... but I know for a fact that if I had a large sum of money where I could invest in a car the likes of a Bugatti, I would probably own more than just Datsuns. I would have quite a few nice Datsuns for sure, but Im sure there would be something else I would purchase as well. Ive had a "Lottery Plan" for awhile and it involves a lot of the Datsun and Nissan lifestyle, but it mos def includes a couple other cars in the garage as well. 

Yea, as sad as my Datsuns may be, I know I would end up with a 72 skyline (close enough right?). Also an original r32 (Euro not US) a ford vicky replica roadster, some 50-70s model full size truck (gotta haule stuff), ect.

The problem would be buying just enough vehicles so that none get neglected :P I would love and hate to be like Jay Leno.

I'm gonna hafta generalize and go:

— Any mini-van, it's an assassination of one's manhood. Even slammed, no dice. (full size, child molester vans are excluded "like the Scooby-mobile")

— Pontiac Aztek, for sure. But then again, couldn't wheel any Pontiac.

— Fucking DumbCar aka "SmartCar", nothing & I mean nothing smart about that POS.

smartcar_accident_01.jpgCro

That is NOT a Smart car, but a VW Crossfox. They are only sold in South America. But I don't think any car has much of a chance against a SEMI head on at high speeds. I happened to remember the pic from a Email going around about texting while driving. (HAS NOTHING to do with with texting, BTW.) And IF you dare see the rest of the pics... http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/cellphone.asp  WARNING: GRUESOME! DO NOT click if you have a weak stomach!

VW_Crossfox.jpg

I'm picky on what I drive, I don't care if I own something I don't like, it can always be resold to put towards something I want more.  My basic rule of thumb, won't personally drive a front wheel drive anything.  Next I prefer a manual transmission but some cars I'll tolerate with an automatic.  There are very few vehicles I'll drive that are newer than 1990, rather not deal with advanced fuel injection.  The TBI in my V8 s-10 is bad enough at times.  I had a 1991 Miata, 1.6L 5 speed, I actually enjoyed driving that car, I wouldn't mind a driving an Cadillac Escalade, BMW Z4, 98-2003 Miata, 91-92 GMC Syclone, V6 Ford Fusion, late 90's Chevy Trucks aren't too bad, 93 Mazda RX7, Nissan 350z, and a couple others I'm not thinking of atm.  I would drive any American car / truck from late 20's to 1972.  The 70's 80's and 90 don't really appeal to me much, just Datsun's, maybe a Mazda Rotary Pickup, Chevy Luv, early Toyota HiLux Pickups, Austin Mini Cooper, Honda 600N, Jaguar Xj6/12, maybe some 70's American trucks, etc.  Companies I truly hate is Volvo, Jeep, Mercedes, Toyota, Saab, Smart Cars, Fiat, Honda, Dodge, Lexus, Hyundai, and a few others I can't think of.  There are exceptions to all makes though.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-does-u-turn-on-bailouts/

I drive a F250 for work, and although it hasn't had any major drivetrian issues (only ~125k miles) the front end is a huge POS (I beam) and the fit & finish of the interior is downright AWFUL.  At least they seem to be improving over the last 10 years like other domestics.

I have heard of front end problems after 100.000

good information blah blah blah DATSUN

the dodge is ugly

the chevy is ugly

the ford lights are   well you cant see them while your in the truck

and no mater how you look at it FORD is the only company that is good enough to not need a govenment BAILOUT

GM govenment motors

DODGE government bailout

FORD STANDS ALONE

You are correct, they did not partake of the government bailout.....

HOWEVER,

since the bailout, FORD is the only Detroit blooded automaker to take a loan from the Government. In 2009, they borrowed $5.9 BILLION from us taxpayers for "retooling". Loan just sounds nicer than bailout. Sheesh, my company only borrowed $550 million :thumbup:

Just sayin...

• Like 1

My sis had a Tiburon. Ugly car but the warranty was top notch. It was like 10 years or something.

About year 7 or 8, she went in for service and the they found a pretty hefty crack in the intake manifold. I verified for her. She was really scared they were going to take her to the cleaners. They covered the entire replacement and rental under the warranty. She paid like $20  for new belts I think.

My sis had a Tiburon. Ugly car but the warranty was top notch. It was like 10 years or something.

About year 7 or 8, she went in for service and the they found a pretty hefty crack in the intake manifold. I verified for her. She was really scared they were going to take her to the cleaners. They covered the entire replacement and rental under the warranty. She paid like $20  for new belts I think.

I have heard the same, if you keep it dealer maintained the whole time.

I knew someone with a hyundai, had receipts for every jiffylube change. Motor died, they said "sorry, we cant verify the oil was actually changed"

I have heard the same, if you keep it dealer maintained the whole time.

I knew someone with a hyundai, had receipts for every jiffylube change. Motor died, they said "sorry, we cant verify the oil was actually changed"

Some companies are really good about warranties... There was a video a couple years ago about a senior citizen who had about a car off the showroom floor in some like 1960 or something. She was the only one to ever drive it, had every receipt for service done, and bought replacement parts with lifetime warranties only. She said she had like 800,000 miles on the car and had been through like 3 exhausts, 12 batteries, etc. and paid nothing because they were all covered under lifetime warranties and she kept receipts.

Opel GTs. I have know too many creepy guys who owned 'em and heard the phrase, "Ya know, they're a poor man's version of a Corvette!" once too often.

1969_opel_gt_02.jpg,

the little '91 Capri convertibles. I kinda liked 'em when they came out but now, meh........

91merc63656-1.jpg

and kinda gettin' into obscure stuff but........

Crosley, 1940s American car

crosley1.jpg

Midget-street.jpg

King Midget kit car, offered from '46-70