What vehicle will YOU NOT DRIVE or own?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if you ignore the sorry transmissions!

i think they look better but i agree the transmissions are total shit my uncles girlfriend has one bought it new with the v10 she has just over 200k on it and has put 3 transmissions in the damn thing

You know what else? The 2nd generation Dodge ram. That truck was nuts because when it first came out, it saved Dodge from doom. It was so far off from the first gen, it looked good.

Now I look at it, that thing is ugly.

800px-Truck09.jpg

I agree and disagree, it's still looks awesome to me for 1995! Put a 95 Chevy next to it and you'd think oh a 95 Chevy and 2000 dodge.

Now granted I had to put a 2500$ heavy duty rebuild into the trans and new ball joints, but the cummins will go for days!!!

2916DF56-AA1E-48DF-99BF-73254F5501BF-197

Mine.

Yeah, if you ignore the sorry transmissions!

Yea, if you ignore the sorry engines from the others. I know of too many dead powerstrokes and duramax diesels.  Everytime a 90s truck comes into my shop, the dodges are consistently holding up better.

• Like 1

I would say I would never own/drive any newer (less than 30 years old) Dodge/mopars, but I used to drive a 98 stratus and dakota... I will say the stratus was just to get me too and from work and the dakota was a lapse in judgement. Both has front end issues (tie rod, hub, brakes) and the dakota transmission died along i-75.

The newest generation of trucks are horrible to look at. But a factory truck now comes stock with the power that diesel hot rodders could barely obtain 15 years ago. The new cummins powered ram puts down 385hp and 850ft lbs. and is the only one available with a manual. That being said the fummins (ford chassis, cummins engine, allison transmission) is the ultimate truck but spendy to build

I'm gonna hafta generalize and go:

— Any mini-van, it's an assassination of one's manhood. Even slammed, no dice. (full size, child molester vans are excluded "like the Scooby-mobile")

ZevinTopper.jpg

— Pontiac Aztek, for sure. But then again, couldn't wheel any Pontiac.

3129880001_large.jpg

— Fucking DumbCar aka "SmartCar", nothing & I mean nothing smart about that POS.

smartcar_accident_01.jpg

• Like 2
Didn't they have bad brake wear issues too or was that only on the other ugly family member, the Durango?

Ya a lot of the dodge Chrysler and jeeps used a knuckle incorporated brake pad slide system, that allowed the backing plate on the pads to rest top and bottom on the knuckle and over time worn nice deep grooves causing the pads to get stuck. Effing stupid about a 1k ea from the dealer for new knuckles

the dodge is ugly

the chevy is ugly

the ford lights are   well you cant see them while your in the truck

and no mater how you look at it FORD is the only company that is good enough to not need a govenment BAILOUT

GM govenment motors

DODGE government bailout

FORD STANDS ALONE

Ford stands alone... Hoorah!...

Now lets take what we have left, remember the past, and focus on the future.

The Fiat merger with Chrysler is already showing great changes in the Ram I sat in today.

Also, how is GM the 3rd most profitable car company in the world? (Behind VW and Ford)

the dodge is ugly

the chevy is ugly

the ford lights are   well you cant see them while your in the truck

and no mater how you look at it FORD is the only company that is good enough to not need a govenment BAILOUT

GM govenment motors

DODGE government bailout

FORD STANDS ALONE

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-does-u-turn-on-bailouts/

I drive a F250 for work, and although it hasn't had any major drivetrian issues (only ~125k miles) the front end is a huge POS (I beam) and the fit & finish of the interior is downright AWFUL.  At least they seem to be improving over the last 10 years like other domestics.

Ford stands alone... Hoorah!...

Now lets take what we have left, remember the past, and focus on the future.

The Fiat merger with Chrysler is already showing great changes in the Ram I sat in today.

Also, how is GM the 3rd most profitable car company in the world? (Behind VW and Ford)

its profitable because when it blows up you take it to the mechanic or insurance adjusters and they make tons of money off you. and then gm makes money by selling parts to the insurance adjusters/mechanics. its a big cycle!