Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Berlinas are such cool cars! There's one here in town.

datsunfreak,

Thanks for the link - I found pictures of our '69 Cortina wagon,

in the June,2012 listings.

- Doug

http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2012/06/1968-ford-cortina-station-wagon-mark-ii.html

So there's the Alfa, ford, datsun, and lada. Are they all based off the 2002? 

Actually no. They are all based off the Fiat 124.   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I believe it was the first? Although if you think the 410/411 is a similar design, it came first. And I believe they were designed by the same house (Pininfarina?).

In fact, the Lada is an almost exact Russian copy of the Fiat. 

tofas-fiat-124-02.jpg

This came into my shop today for a front end shake. Couldn't help but ask if it's better or worse when there's extra weight in the back :lol:

[img=http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2473/hearse.png]

That reminds me a car I worked on several years ago at the Ford dealer. A new Ford Explorer had a complaint of a hard pull, only when "unloaded." We couldn't duplicate the issue. Another tech saw who the driver was, a very large man, probably at least 400 pounds, matter of fact, the whole family was huge obese people! Had to do alignment with him in driver seat.

That reminds me a car I worked on several years ago at the Ford dealer. A new Ford Explorer had a complaint of a hard pull, only when "unloaded." We couldn't duplicate the issue. Another tech saw who the driver was, a very large man, probably at least 400 pounds, matter of fact, the whole family was huge obese people! Had to do alignment with him in driver seat.

Reminds me of when A man was pissed because his Moped wouldn't do 45mph after I modded it. I told him it would gain 10mph per 50 pounds lost.

Actually no. They are all based off the Fiat 124.   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I believe it was the first? Although if you think the 410/411 is a similar design, it came first. And I believe they were designed by the same house (Pininfarina?).

In fact, the Lada is an almost exact Russian copy of the Fiat. 

The 410 was in fact designed by Pininfarina.  The 411 was a Japanese "corrected" rework of the Pininfarina design to make it look a whole lot better although the redesign did not remove all the Italian design defects.  The Fiat 124 and on were also designed by Pininfarina and look very much like the 410 and 411,  FIAT sold the by then outdated 124 etc design and tooling to Russia and helped set up the production line for the Lada.  When the Russians got tired of the Lada they sold what was left of the tooling to what was then Yugoslavia giving birth to the [in]famous Yugo.