Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

rare by toyota standards....right?

that simac would look sweet bagged on some satin billet wheels with a fi 4cyl motor .....i wouldn't even wash the windows or clean the inside just show up dragging the rocker and looking patina'd

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rare by toyota standards....right?

that simac would look sweet bagged on some satin billet wheels with a fi 4cyl motor .....i wouldn't even wash the windows or clean the inside just show up dragging the rocker and looking patina'd

Theres two Nash Cosmos at a local yard you could build that way... would make a sweet project. 

That FX-16 is a bit rare stateside.  They were actually quite good performers for the day.  Twin cam 4AGE, unfortunately, the first of the FWD corollas though.  They do seem to be a bit more common in Europe.  The hilux is sweet

I see this beautiful 70's Toyota all the time. I'll have to get a better pic later but it's in amazing shape

1DA19BD2-2112-4BDC-A080-13EC42F6EEAC-115

Is that a longbed?I bought a longbed like that -

same year,same color,back in '77.

I bought an identical one about 10 years ago,

near Vader,Wash.The serial numbers were 1 digit different.

- Doug

rolling vip with window curtains and all ... was gonna hit the mall to take some pics and talk to the guy but i was already late to where i was going.....i pictured its tristins ride when hes 65.,..

6493F6D5-CF1B-4F0C-85E0-1AAF5C3FF6A5-135

7039AF91-DCF6-4DA8-9A69-5827C6FE2760-135

69AF305E-02B5-48B1-8BA3-56D89B508D22-135

72D930D0-CFD5-4E8D-BB0B-98DE3C61897D-135

i have always had a soft spot for first gen ls400's  i assume its a v-8 cause the damn thing sounded fricken gnarly....not what my style would be but the curtains and everything really sold the look ....

Today I saw an old-ish lady driving a ~'77 TE51 Corolla liftback.  Seemed like the old 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mentality. That's so ratsun.  And, like a Datsun, it's never gonna break.  I wonder how many times she's heard the 'hey, I used to have one of these... story'.

DSCF3078.jpgDSCF3077.jpgRarest us-jdm Freakin 4dr auto 1971 Deluxe Colt , the guy heard I have worked on Colts and had one , needs carb work bad !

There's a Colt wagon down the street that might be for sale.

Good body,not great paint,& needs engine work - & it might go cheap.

- Doug