How old were you the first time........

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my license in 1980 the week of my 16th birthday.Drove my grandmothers Dodge dart for the test.Scored 95 out of 100, -5 points for speeding.A couple months later bought a 1970 510 from my friends grandfather,that car was taken care of by the old guy,70,000 miles and looked pretty new.Wish i still had that one.

1968 in the family's '64 Chevy wagon, three speed on the tree. Of course I passed, you had to not be able to walk and chew gum at the same time to fail! Within two weeks I bought my first car. A 1957 ragtop VW bug. First Datsun was still years off.

1985, 16th B-day, took written and driving same day, 1974 Mazda Rotary P/U. I BRAAPed that shit, yo.

I fucking love those trucks.

16, Toyota Tacoma, November 9th this year, Passed first time, In Pitsburg CA. Had a big ass moody black lady. wasn't pleasant.

The year was 1972, I was 16, passed the test 1st time. I'd been driving farm equipment and the family pickup around local roads since I was in 2nd grade. I had already owned my crap brown 65 Ford Falcon 4 door, since I was 15. The car had remnants of Reddy Kilowatt on the doors,

reddykilowat.jpg

it was an old power company car. My father being very car and teen boy wise, commanded me to purchase it. Slow, cheep insurance and extremely reliable. Needless to say, my buddies called it my BCC, "Birth Control Car" as any respectable girl would never be caught dead in it. Worked my butt off and bought a 70 mustang fastback before I got out of HS. Bought a used 75 280z in 78 and never appreciated it. Tore it up and sold it for next to nothing.

Looks like I might be in the "old fart group"....1979 I can't remember what the score was cuz well, I'm old but I did pass first time around. It was in a 1964 Slodsmobile Jetstar 4 door sedan (land barge), also the first car I had purchased on my own. Learned to drive in dads 69F250 with a 3 on the tree....I now own that truck

Got my lic. a couple weeks after my 16th birthday in 2006, got a 90, 10 points docked for getting to far away from the curb while backing around a corner. Took the test in my grandfathers 1970 F250 Camper Special, NO power steering, compound low 4 speed with an 8 foot bed and old 360 V8 power. The instructor was pretty surprised when I paralell parked that thing. Took the test in Pt. Townsend Wa, intructor was an old hippy lady, dont think she liked the old gas guzzling Ford. 1st car was an 88 olds Cutlass, sure miss that thing.

Took my test in my dads 77 ford ltd. I passed with a 100 but the instructor was not impresed with the car. It did not come with keys when he got it so he had put a push button ignition between the sets. And has cb radios, scaners and other such equipment in it with about 6 long antenas on the back of it.

Got my farm licence in 98 I was 14, there was no test, I did have to take a driving test once, at the dmv on powell. It was The first time I ever drove an auto matic, I stuffed the braked with my left foot, looking for the clutch, passed me anyways. I was 17 then driving my aunts mercury sable, couse my datto would never have passed inspection.

I got my license in 1985, I got my motorcycle license first and took the test on on 70cc Honda Passport scooter. :rofl: lol... I got my car license a few months later and took the test in a 1983 Mercury Capri :sick: (looks like a Mustang). I drove that car for a couple years, but it kept eating transmissions. Catalyst sat right against the trans oil pan and kept cooking the fluid. Got my first Datto 3yrs ago and I've been dirt racing with em and street driving em ever since. :D

It was 1994. A week after i turned 16 in Pelham, Alabama. The instructor was a woman affectionately known around town as "boufant". Hair was about 5 inches tall & everybody said she was a hardass. I had no problem. Tested in a friends 1990? Cutlass p.o.s. Later that day we took a curve on a dirt road too fast. Did a 180 & slammed into the embankment on the opposite side of the road. Fun times. A week later I got my first Maxima. Pure awesomeness circa 1983