Izzos 521

izzo

He has been into datsuns he said for 30 years, he is 70 years old. He has done a variety of things in life, and working on datsuns he enjoyed a lot, he has since retired to seaside and is living on a small retirement. He can't afford to really do what he wants to it, and drive it. I was at his place, and its a really nice one. He was currently recording a song he made, and it wasn't that bad really.

So, when he saw me driving my datsun, he came up and talked to me, and asked me afew things about datsuns. once he knew how much i was into them, he said i was the perfect person to buy his. He has had it for sale for a while, and knows very well he can get a lot more out of it and informed me of that. He was not after money, but more after someone to give it a good home. The fucks that came to his place to check on it, literally said they just wanted a beater, and something to thrash around in the woods with and dump it. Thats not what he was after. He just moved here from portland 6 months ago, and knows very well he could have sold it for a lot more there. I checked the vin with the title, made sure it was not stolen, then paid him the 100 dollars. Got a bill of sale, title signed off, and off i went...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome score. I paid ten times that for mine and it wasn't/isn't/never will be that nice. Hope u don't plan on going too nuts on it. No rust? Originally from Seaside? That's odd as fawk.

Now THATS how you start the new year!

-Brian

Awesome score. I paid ten times that for mine and it wasn't/isn't/never will be that nice. Hope u don't plan on going too nuts on it. No rust? Originally from Seaside? That's odd as fawk.

Now THATS how you start the new year!

-Brian

Nope, originally from portland! Its only been in seaside for about 6 months :D

Super nice score..Glad to see it at a good home.

See your PM

Thanks Jason, pm was read and thread is fixed :D

Daaaaaaaang. THAT is a SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year in deed!

How many miles are on the odometer?

29k, so 129k. But everythings been rebuilt/replaced :D

Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

I hope he told those 'beater guys' to kiss off and leave the Dattos alone. Get an S-10 if you want to trash a pickup.

Oh yeah, we still hate you ,you lucky bastard!

Yeah, he told them to f off haha. Am so lucky!

Oh, forgot to mention, its been converted to an electronic dizzy, using an ignitor kit. The head is a peanut A87! Has a full size new spare also, has original jack and all bits. And some other stuff i found under the seat! Even has some carb linkage i could probably use on the 510.

IMG_20101231_093722.jpg

IMG_20101231_093716.jpg

IMG_20101231_093710.jpg

IMG_20101231_093630.jpg

IMG_20101231_093429.jpg

IMG_20101231_093328.jpg

IMG_20101231_093317.jpg

IMG_20101231_093224.jpg

IMG_20101231_093207.jpg

IMG_20101231_093140.jpg

IMG_20101231_093113.jpg

IMG_20101231_093050.jpg

Jeez, all that swag you got with the truck ALONE is worth $100 easily. The best(and last!) find of 2010!

Oh yeah, and don't forget to drain out the water and add coolant :fu:

Sorry, I had to :lol:

:fu: :fu:

It has coolant in it smartass! :rofl:

Alright, so the left turn signal doesn't work. Dunno why, the flashers do, and the right turns do. I noticed it takes a second when switching from low to high beams, so maybe its corroded in there or something.

Also noticed the driver side upper A-arm, one bolt was all the way out just hanging there, and the other one was half way out. Got those squared away!

License plate lights, did these pickups have them or no? I noticed when unloading something earlier it wasn't on. To dark/cold for me to get under there n look.

Good thing you sold me the wagon. Or else you wouldn't have gone to the post office. Then you would never have me that guy. HAHAHAHA!

Dude, I'm so glad for you. I started feeling bad when you said you were missing the wagon. HAUOLI MAKAHIKI HOU! (I'm sure everybody will figure that out considering the time of year... if not, ask the other local braddah on Ratsun aka Brian. Haha!)

THIS IS CRAZY!!! What a deal!!! I am so happy for you man! I don't know if I have ever seen an uncracked 521 dash! I thought cracks were a factory part of 521's! :lol: :D

This is a lucky truck... I would keep it at all costs. I agree with the Karma idea, that's the only explanation :D

I would keep it as original as possible, except for lowering of course and minor things. It is so rare to find them in this shape with such a cool story!

Amazing score :thumbup: