Izzos 521

izzo

Did you blow out your fuel lines? Maybe spray a couple cans of carb cleaner through/down with the outlet disconnected from the tank. You probably still have residual crap in the lines coming loose and making its way back to the tank/carb.

That glass filter youve got now isnt worth a shit... Ask me how I know :lol: Ive got one on my blazer for the same reasons... I ran a cheapo fram fuel filter between it and the carb as well. About the only thing they are good for is stopping the big shit and giving you a visual of whats still getting to your carb. Everytime I would go on a good wheeling trip Id have to clean the damn thing out at least once because it would clog up.

If you want to save yourself a bit of hassle, go to a farm store and get a tractor fuel filter with a little glass sediment bowl on the bottom of it. Most of the dirt/rust/crap in general falls to the bottom and it wont clog like the one youve got now. Theyre easier to clean out too. Regardless Id still run an OEM paper type filter in front of even after everything looks good, they will catch the little stuff.

If you drop your tank again muratic acid is good at getting rid of the scale but its some nasty shit, wear a respirator and gloves and a face shield/eye protection if you use it.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info there mike. I just hooked up the compressor earlier and blew air thru the line back into the tank. A little bit more stuff is in the filter, but not bad. I cleaned the carb out well. Guess i just need to take it on a few more drives with a good paper filter. (it did have two filters on there, but i pulled it back off to check and see if there was more junk in there)

After cleaning the carb and putting a paper filter on it, this thing runs like a damn champ.

I don't know what the actual sale value of this should be, but I do believe 1500 is a good price 'if' I sell it. With the wya its been running the last few days, I am thinking of taking it down for sale. OR just being a dick and putting it up for 2k and sitting on it until it does sell. Ive got some decent offers at 1300, some lowball ones at 1000 and even tho i only paid 100 for it, doesn't change what its worth. I do have a buyer wanting to pick it up tomorrow for 1400.

Think my next days off I am going to install those 2" drop blocks.

After cleaning the carb and putting a paper filter on it, this thing runs like a damn champ.

I don't know what the actual sale value of this should be, but I do believe 1500 is a good price 'if' I sell it. With the wya its been running the last few days, I am thinking of taking it down for sale. OR just being a dick and putting it up for 2k and sitting on it until it does sell. Ive got some decent offers at 1300, some lowball ones at 1000 and even tho i only paid 100 for it, doesn't change what its worth. I do have a buyer wanting to pick it up tomorrow for 1400.

Think my next days off I am going to install those 2" drop blocks.

my offer still stands..... :P

:rofl: I figured as much..

Think will look a lil better with 2" drop blocks. Be nice if i could go out to datto510's house and get rid of this L20, and pickup those stock rims/hubcaps...

he's still gonna take the l20b? im still interested if he backs out!!