Izzos 521

izzo

Good thing you sold me the wagon. Or else you wouldn't have gone to the post office. Then you would never have me that guy. HAHAHAHA!

Dude, I'm so glad for you. I started feeling bad when you said you were missing the wagon. HAUOLI MAKAHIKI HOU! (I'm sure everybody will figure that out considering the time of year... if not, ask the other local braddah on Ratsun aka Brian. Haha!)

Don't feel bad, it was just my first 510 and she is so solid, don't think ill find another like it. And yeah, its your fault i was at the post office. Was sending out the title to the goon!!! :rofl:

THIS IS CRAZY!!! What a deal!!! I am so happy for you man! I don't know if I have ever seen an uncracked 521 dash! I thought cracks were a factory part of 521's! :lol: :D

I know what you mean, this thing is a clean machine

This is a lucky truck... I would keep it at all costs. I agree with the Karma idea, that's the only explanation :D

I would keep it as original as possible, except for lowering of course and minor things. It is so rare to find them in this shape with such a cool story!

Amazing score :thumbup:

Its staying as is for a while, no lowering, no mods. Just going to enjoy it. Maybe this summer it will get a small drop. Then the bench seat will be getting replaced, its not really in bad shape, but it's not the most comfy thing.. I have to duck to see under the mirror in there, plus even tho im not a large fellow, i have to squish my leg between the seat and steering wheel lol..

I already have insurance on it, and hope to get the title transfer done this week, maybe the following monday at the latest. Daily driving it now!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iz on the blinker. Mine didn't work, nor the horn for that matter. Just get in the column lever with some sandpaper and clean the contacts up, even if they don't look like they need it (mine didn't look dirty, but were.).

Iz on the blinker. Mine didn't work, nor the horn for that matter. Just get in the column lever with some sandpaper and clean the contacts up, even if they don't look like they need it (mine didn't look dirty, but were.).

Good looking out fisch! Right signal works great, horn doesnt work and left blinker. horns looks great still. I will give that a shot next time i get a break from work.

I put new flooring in my kitchen due to a leaky dishwasher, got it all replaced along with a new dishwasher. 2 months later (last week) the floor bubbled up. Turns out the hot water tank leaked too (crap!)

So put a new hot water heater in last night, it leaks in 1 spot so i have to fix that, and then finish the flooring, then work for the next 6-7 days. haha, it will be a minute before i can get to it. Plus i think next sunday imma try and work on my dime. For now i will just be old school and use my hand signals when turning left.

Oh, forgot to mention, its been converted to an electronic dizzy, using an ignitor kit. The head is a peanut A87! Has a full size new spare also, has original jack and all bits. And some other stuff i found under the seat! Even has some carb linkage i could probably use on the 510.

IMG_20101231_093722.jpg

IMG_20101231_093716.jpg

IMG_20101231_093710.jpg

IMG_20101231_093630.jpg

IMG_20101231_093429.jpg

IMG_20101231_093328.jpg

IMG_20101231_093317.jpg

IMG_20101231_093224.jpg

IMG_20101231_093207.jpg

IMG_20101231_093140.jpg

IMG_20101231_093113.jpg

IMG_20101231_093050.jpg

I noticed it wasn't charging that great.

Turns out the bottom to bolts on the alt were missing so it was just barely catching the belt. Put two temp ones in there just to get me by for a week or so running around town, next time i get a minute ill stop by the parts store and grab some proper bolts with lockwashers. After putting the alt in there correctly, it works GREAT. sits at 14V, around 12 with lights/heater on.

Its got a load of crap in the back of it now, gonna haul it up to the inlaws and dump it off there. Really love this pickup!

I noticed it wasn't charging that great.

Turns out the bottom to bolts on the alt were missing so it was just barely catching the belt. Put two temp ones in there just to get me by for a week or so running around town, next time i get a minute ill stop by the parts store and grab some proper bolts with lockwashers. After putting the alt in there correctly, it works GREAT. sits at 14V, around 12 with lights/heater on.

Its got a load of crap in the back of it now, gonna haul it up to the inlaws and dump it off there. Really love this pickup!

With your luck there's a winning scratch 'n win in the pile.

Don't feel bad, it was just my first 510 and she is so solid, don't think ill find another like it. And yeah, its your fault i was at the post office. Was sending out the title to the goon!!! :rofl:

That's what I figured! Now everybody on Ratsun should cut me really cheap deals on their cars so that they can get in on this luck!

I went on the 30th to pick up the Goon, but the shipping company decided to celebrate new years EVE on the 30th and only had a half day. Then they 31st they were closed for new years DAY and closed for the weekend. I'm going first thing in the morning to pick it up. I'm hoping to get the title by tomorrow or tuesday.

I went on the 30th to pick up the Goon, but the shipping company decided to celebrate new years EVE on the 30th and only had a half day. Then they 31st they were closed for new years DAY and closed for the weekend. I'm going first thing in the morning to pick it up. I'm hoping to get the title by tomorrow or tuesday.

AH!! Bummer :(

Oh well, tomorrow morning you will be driving a 71 wagon.. Remember, pump the gas once, let it warm up for a few minutes, and off you go! If you shift slow between 2 & 3 & it wont grind, that'll get you by till you rebuild it or put in a ka etc..

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I noticed the front driver tire was leaning in. One bolt for the upper control arm was out, and the other was half way out :rofl:

Got that fixed up a day or two after i got it. I heard some noise coming from the engine, sounded like something knocking (ohnoes!) Turns out the lower alt bolts were missing. Got two new bolts in there with lock washers, along with a new one up top. Fixed!

Now for the next problem. After putting in the new bolts and getting the alt tight, i noticed the volts kind of twitch with everything off, and the IGN light flickers now and then. Volts will level off if i turn the heater or lights, or both on as well as the light will not flicker anymore. Guessing it may need a new voltage regulator, might figure out a way to convert it to IR alt and just be done with it. We shall see.

Can a mod move this to the project threads? Thanks!

I've been jealous of Datsun prices on that side of the States but thats borderline rediculous! Very nice "find" indeed. I'm still new to these trucks but I found all of my electrical gremlins were directly tied to the fuse block, after cleaning those connections all of my lights, signals, horn, wipers etc. began working as they should.

You should take that gentleman to Applebee's in the truck every Sunday from now on!

great find

Haha, the only major food chains we have here is Mc Donalds, and a BK about 30 minutes away. Small town! Really wish we had a sonics, I have emailed them many times but still no luck :(

I'll buy you a meal at any of the few sonics around here when you come to drop off the 521. I'll even send you off with a water bottle for the bike filled with a slushie.

I've been jealous of Datsun prices on that side of the States but thats borderline rediculous! Very nice "find" indeed. I'm still new to these trucks but I found all of my electrical gremlins were directly tied to the fuse block, after cleaning those connections all of my lights, signals, horn, wipers etc. began working as they should.

You should take that gentleman to Applebee's in the truck every Sunday from now on!

great find

Also,

I dont think it is the connections, everything works as it should really except the left turn signal. I can see the voltmeter twitch just a little etc. Ill try that tho and clean the contacts well

Also,

I dont think it is the connections, everything works as it should really except the left turn signal. I can see the voltmeter twitch just a little etc. Ill try that tho and clean the contacts well

Hopefully it will help. At one point my signals didn't work with the headlights on, then the left didn't work with the lights on and turning the right signal caused both left and right to flash opposite each other, like a wig-wag on a tow truck. After addressing the fuse block connections everything is normal. Both of my signals were affected though, hope it's as simple for you.

Truck broke down on me tonight. First, i filled up, then headed to datto510's house. It started losing power for a short distance, maybe a mile. Then was fine again. Got further down the road, and it did it again. Then finally, it stopped alltogether.

Nismo dr said it was probably the fuel filter, theres 2 on the truck. I took the primary off and just ran the clear one which was clean. It finally ran and idled great but there was not much fuel in the filter. After my brother got there, we headed down the road. It didn't want to take off at first, then finally it took off. I got maybe a mile down the road and it quit running again. This time the filter was full.

Locked it up, heading back tomorrow to tow it home.

Ill be going back tomorrow to pull the plugs, test for spark, check weber bolts, tho it ran great when it did run, not like it had a vacuum leak.

The guts to the dizzy were pulled out and it was converted to EI using a pertronix kit. Not sure if the coil was replaced with the correct one.