My New 68 2 door :D

Icehouse

i wish i could bitch slap the guy who designed that sticky rust inducing sound deadening shit in to our car's !

Or the guy who invented the window gasket!! Why does it have to leak??? Even my new one in my other 68 does, why??? stupid water rusting out floors :(

I got some more work done on her, with a little time she will be on the road. I was really fun, Frank was working on his engine bay and I was working on mine. He is farther but I'm not to far behind :D I took some pics!! :D Gotta love the iPhone!!!

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

Slowly.... Soon it will be back to its classyness! Kill rust install shinny new paint :D

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i could bitch slap the guy who designed that sticky rust inducing sound deadening shit in to our car's !

Or the guy who invented the window gasket!! Why does it have to leak??? Even my new one in my other 68 does, why??? stupid water rusting out floors :(

that combo is what does it!

and the drains dont allow the water out if theyre plugged :cursing:

i have the same dewalt drill, ive run that thing for ~300 hours, removing rust/crud w/o issues! :D (my A$$HAT neighbor doesnt count :mad: )

I'm on my second dewalt, my last one lasted 9 years. It burned out on my other 68. Damn bearings wore out :( I like them because they have the highest RPM out of any corded drill :)

I like all datto's 510's lately though :) last year it was my 620 :) I want a Z next :)

my drill burnt out so i used my angle grinder with a wire brush wheel on it

l_7c0d5006f13e3c7a3df27b88cd86a690.jpg

me too! but what sux is...

when it starts to wear down

and the little wires star flying off

and sticking in your shirt

like little 300 mph metal spears:eek:

not mention breathing in some lead paint from 1963?:blink:

• 3 months later...

Thought I would post a pic of my dime since its on the road. We spent a couple days and got it together for Canby. Well I've been driving it ever since even though it needs a few things :D I was originally trying to get a FJ20et from Bob harald but after calling him every Friday for a month or so I figured he wasn't in to big of a hurry to sell it. Now I keep thinking I should try and keep it stock since there is no sense having a SR 510 and an FJ 510. At the moment I don't mind the L series but carbs do get old haha. I guess if I wasn't missing some linkage they wouldn't be so bad haha. So at least for now the plan is to keep it as stock as possible. Lowering it doesn't count though :D

Me%20looking%20sexy%20next%20to%20my%20dime.jpg

Did you paint the engine bay? Where's pics of that? :D

Hell no, its bare metal haha :D I just couldn't decide what to do with her... Still can't... It will get painted soon.

Dude, I totally forgot about this car! I kept looking at the pictures wondering why you drove down in this car! Been so long since I've seen this thread I forgot you had another 2 door.

Yeah I just don't know what to do with it, I really really would like to keep it stock..... But L motors are just so boring!! For now it will have to do.... I kinda want a non turbo CA maybe with carbs.... Who knows...

L-motors are quite boring, but only cause that is what is factory. So what about mixing it up a little and making a custom intake manifold for fuel injection and running it on KA electronics, or turbo it. How about a LZ23et. Something very different, yet L series as a base. I know that a FJ20 isnt cheap and neither is a SR. How much would it be to build a intake, and i bet you have a bunch of the KA electronis laying around to run it on.

Jason

L series have a ton of options to play with to get 130 hp. woo...hoo. I like them because they are solid and simple. Perfect fit for the weber downdraft. Tuning gets easier the bigger the stockpile of carb parts you aquire. It was inspiring to see you run that to canby on twin sides.:eek: I will be installing mine on the 521 as soon as I get some spacers and base gaskets.

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since I posted anything about the L series 68.... So here goes:D Last weekend me and Frank swapped dashes, installed a new heater core (thanks Hainz) and a new heater valve. While we did that Dillon installed some much needed felt. The drivers door ended up need a new regulator, luckily we had one :D O and today we installed some new brake pads :D A few more things and it will be a damn nice rig :D Here are the pics.

Iphone%20pics%20052.JPG

Check it out, the dashes are different thicknesses!!! Weird!

Iphone%20pics%20053.JPG

Iphone%20pics%20054.JPG

New heater core and valve, its amazing how easy it turns off and on.

Iphone%20pics%20059.JPG

And the new dash :D

Iphone%20pics%20060.JPG

Thought I would post a pic of my dime since its on the road. We spent a couple days and got it together for Canby. Well I've been driving it ever since even though it needs a few things :D I was originally trying to get a FJ20et from Bob harald but after calling him every Friday for a month or so I figured he wasn't in to big of a hurry to sell it. Now I keep thinking I should try and keep it stock since there is no sense having a SR 510 and an FJ 510. At the moment I don't mind the L series but carbs do get old haha. I guess if I wasn't missing some linkage they wouldn't be so bad haha. So at least for now the plan is to keep it as stock as possible. Lowering it doesn't count though :D

Me%20looking%20sexy%20next%20to%20my%20dime.jpg"

you know you could hide so easily from everyone if you shaved and cut your hair, could walk right past everyone at a show, nobody would be the wiser!! hahaahah. so how many dattos you up to now??? gotta have a big driveway.