My New 68 2 door :D

Icehouse

Just picked her up tonight :D So clean, for a 68 anyways :D It came with a mint dash and has the key in the ignition. It rear-ended a truck so the front needs some body work but nothing major at all. Now to decide what engine to install in it. I want it lower than my other on too :D Well I'm off to bed.

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

I will take more pics later, the trunk is amazing and the floors are damn clean to!!!!! haha I want to own all the 68 2 doors! :D

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool my friend, it looks pretty sraight and clean. And that is a lot nicer place to start. We all look forward to see what you create under the hood of this one...And by the way, I dont think you can gt any lower than your other 68' without air ride..but if it can be done your the mad scientist that can do it.....

SIde bar question,,,what is that kid doing with the engine out of the red box fender that you and Frank are wroking on??? I want to build a goos Lseries for my Chop top...

I'm just waiting for Ice to let me work my magic on one of his rigs! If we can get someone to kick down a spare kingcab frame, the green monster will get dumped!

I'd like to air out the '68 too!

Jesus Jeff, maybe you can find me a sweet deal on a 510!? Not that I need another project, but I've always wanted a dime.

2eDeYe;37068']Yep he's a lucky guy :D

You find any disc brake kingcabs' date=' Ice? :P[/quote']

Damn right I'm lucky :D hehe

I'm always looking for clean datto's but I haven't came across and good KC's lately :( You guys know me, always got an eye out for clean datto's.

Very cool my friend, it looks pretty sraight and clean. And that is a lot nicer place to start. We all look forward to see what you create under the hood of this one...And by the way, I dont think you can gt any lower than your other 68' without air ride..but if it can be done your the mad scientist that can do it.....

SIde bar question,,,what is that kid doing with the engine out of the red box fender that you and Frank are wroking on??? I want to build a goos Lseries for my Chop top...

I don't know what engine I'm going to put in it..... I want to use something with a short box tranny so I can run a bench seat :D That limits my engines to KA L or FJ. I guess the CA has a semi short box, it may work I will have to take some measurements to see what I can fit. I don't need this one to be as fast as my other one, more of a cruiser :D

The engine out of the red car has been spoken for :( It may be a good idea to start with a fresh engine. Maybe get an uncracked L20 block and go from there.

I'm just waiting for Ice to let me work my magic on one of his rigs! If we can get someone to kick down a spare kingcab frame, the green monster will get dumped!

I'd like to air out the '68 too!

Jesus Jeff, maybe you can find me a sweet deal on a 510!? Not that I need another project, but I've always wanted a dime.

I want bag my 620 so bad!!!! I've been searching for a 620 frame but I don't to have to pull a cab. So I just wait.... :D

I could keep an eye out, what do you want 2/4 door or wagon?

You would have to get it inspected since its out of state though :(

hahah another nice find.

do you guys just find fix sell?

p.s. you got the harness right?

Not this one, I'm keeping it until I die :D Yeah its got all the wiring, I may upgrade it though... I have to dig in and find out how bad it is. If everything works I'm keeping the old school wiring for sure!

another Datsun under a tree.

Dave Carol would have wanted $2500 for that one!!!!!!!

He wanted 4k for his 68, I tried offering him work on one of his cars and trades but he won't do it..... One by one we will save them all :D

You would have to get it inspected since its out of state though :(

Not this one, I'm keeping it until I die :D Yeah its got all the wiring, I may upgrade it though... I have to dig in and find out how bad it is. If everything works I'm keeping the old school wiring for sure!

hahah I was talking abotu the KA harness, ups said it was delivered :o

the cars i find seem a lot rustier then the ones you guys manage to find.

Dude Jeff, not only are you a chick magnet you are a Datto Magnet! I don't know how you do it! Looks real straight. I know you gotta drop it and do a heart transplant, but I am curious if it runs as is!

And please tell us this wasn't another $100 find!

i forgot to ask. is the clock in this one?

NO... :( I wish...

I need to find a cheap 510 :o

Don't we all :D

hahah I was talking abotu the KA harness, ups said it was delivered :o

the cars i find seem a lot rustier then the ones you guys manage to find.

Yes I got your harness, I started on it but as you can see this week has been really hectic with all the cars we picked up :blink:

Rust doesn't really bother me that much, its just time to fix it. If its the car you want its worth it I think.

Dude Jeff, not only are you a chick magnet you are a Datto Magnet! I don't know how you do it! Looks real straight. I know you gotta drop it and do a heart transplant, but I am curious if it runs as is!

And please tell us this wasn't another $100 find!

It doesn't have an engine, the PO pulled it for a different dime. I don't know the engine I'm going to use yet. I kinda like thinking about all of the possibilities :D I don't really have to many concrete plans, I know I want to do a exhaust tunnel but that is about it for now.

Potato chips?! Bah! Why stop at one '68 510?

She's a cordial lady as well: cute, friendly and talented. :)

Yeah 2 is always better than 1 :D

And I agree about the last part too :D

I don't get the Potoato chip part though.

It was a reference to that stupid commercial about how you can't eat just one potato chip. Yeah, I realize it made no sense. :D

haha I get it know :D

I only know of 6 68 2 doors including mine :D 1 of which I never saw.... I guess I have 4 to go :D

I also found out my new one is older!! Wow amazing how its so old but still so nice :D

I want bag my 620 so bad!!!! I've been searching for a 620 frame but I don't to have to pull a cab. So I just wait.... :D

I'll have one of each, thanks :lol:

Yes I got your harness, I started on it but as you can see this week has been really hectic with all the cars we picked up :blink:

Rust doesn't really bother me that much, its just time to fix it. If its the car you want its worth it I think.

I'm not making the car the one... since bodywork will cost as much as getting a clean shell...

its just when I happen to find something clean and cheap :o

Ice, if you find another decent 2 door 68 that is unmolested (no body mods) let me know, I know my old man would be interested in bringing it across the ocean.

Lucky bastard! just glad they are going to a good home!

Do you guys get R30 skylines over there? They come with a strong stumpy box that guys over here use behind CA18's in datsun 1200's, just with a bellhousing swap.