My New 68 2 door :D

Icehouse

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know you could hide so easily from everyone if you shaved and cut your hair, could walk right past everyone at a show, nobody would be the wiser!! hahaahah. so how many dattos you up to now??? gotta have a big driveway.

You know the old saying "If you got it flont it." haha :D

To many datto's that for sure!!!

Iceman! We need some engine bay photos!!

Its still bare metal :D haha I just can't decide what engine to to with so I haven't pulled the L series back out. I really want to keep an L series.... I don't know if I can though, just going from my L car to Dillons KA car is so amazing! Why start from there, I know an L series with EFI and a turbo would be bad ass!!

Engine bay still bare metal..? :lol: Hey loving the 68 dash's..it's a totally different look.

Yep still bare metal :( I'm going to prime it for the winter maybe next summer it can get some love. Yeah the 68 dash is the best :D

Dare to be different. Clear coat the engine bay and call it good. Keep a bright bay.

Nice bime though. I want a 2 dr or wagon some day. But I kinda like my 620s right now. Soon enough though I will have a nice dime to roll around in.

I was thinking about the clear coat :D

Jeff this sounds like the perfect thing to put your FI manifold project on! `Cmon you gota rock a l motor!

I want to but I'm just so anti L series, after driving a ton of motor swapped dimes its really tough to keep the L series!!

that must been a pain to remove that dash.

Looks like the padding on '68 is different from '69

The mid section sticks out more.

I bought that plastic overlay for my car to cover the rotten dash.

So when are you gonna sell that car to me? :D

Yes pulling the dash is a job and a half! The late model dash is much easier to change the pad on. The 2 shots are to different 68 dashes! Can you believe that? I thought it was strange that the thicknesses were so different.

Hopefully I will never sell her :D

Dude.....posting at OMG-IT'S-AFTER-1-A-FRICKIN'-M in the morning??? :eek:

That new dash really upgrades the look. Yeah, heat, no holes in floor and working wipers before the PacificNW Rain Festival begins again is a good plan. :D

Yeah I was up late :D

Dude the sunny days will be coming to an end very soon!!!

I hear you on the motor swap vs. L series thing. I'm pretty sure I want to keep my dime L powered. I am already shopping around for different EFI setups for my current L series. I think I'll get it running on the EFI and then have Dan Hall build me a proper L series for boost and install it once all the fabricating is done..

You really need to take a ride in my 510 once I get the 4.11's in it. I think you may be surprised what a build L series can do :D

You really need to take a ride in my 510 once I get the 4.11's in it. I think you may be surprised what a build L series can do :D

It's not that a L series can't, its that any newer engine can do it with less money and time. I think it would be cool to have a boosted L series, I think a boosted anything else would be cooler :D I'm leaning towards a KA. I heard the heads flow better than the SR heads :D haha

It's not that a L series can't, its that any newer engine can do it with less money and time.

...and that seems the key thing to me. Someone on here is selling a EFI conversion kit for a L-series for $650. What's the price on a KA? EXACTLY!!!!

OTOH, an EFI L would have the "I'm different" factor. Now, the KA will win the HP/Torque battle, but how about driveability and MPG? Or is it a wash?

...and that seems the key thing to me. Someone on here is selling a EFI conversion kit for a L-series for $650. What's the price on a KA? EXACTLY!!!!

OTOH, an EFI L would have the "I'm different" factor. Now, the KA will win the HP/Torque battle, but how about driveability and MPG? Or is it a wash?

I have a 68 2 door (well 2 of them to be exact :D ) I don't really need the "I'm different" tittle :D We will see I guess, the L series runs so for now it stays. Carpet and a stereo are first on my list of musts :D

YEAH! No $h!t! :lol:

Btw, you want that Tough Book or not?

I keep meaning to call.... I'm a very busy guy :D I liked my tough book because it had a parallel port which made it easy to connect to the MS box. I have another laptop running yucky windows, I want to try and get it working first. If it fails I would love the toughbook :D

Ice I reckon a SR20VE would be an awesome transplant for this bad boy. Vtec yo in a nissan, great NA power and the motors are getting cheap.

I can direct you in the way of some helpful info for doing the head swap onto a RWD block if needed.

I would't mind the SR16VVT N1 engine, but the dizzy sticks out the back.. No biggy if you don't mind going standalone but I would like to keep it simple haha If there is a way. I just wonder if there is a way to get the dizzy to the same location as the RWD SR's... I've never seen a SR16VVT in real life so I haven't been able to inspect it for a possible "plug" where they normally place it. A link would be cool :D

• 2 weeks later...

ice im not to sure on how you feel about motors from other manufatures but what about a chevy 4.3 vortec v6 alot of after market support can be found almost anywhere and they run strong with alot of power potential then you get alot of power relitivly easy to work on and you would definatly keep the "im different" title

ice im not to sure on how you feel about motors from other manufatures but what about a chevy 4.3 vortec v6 alot of after market support can be found almost anywhere and they run strong with alot of power potential then you get alot of power relitivly easy to work on and you would definatly keep the "im different" title

I'm not much for cross breads. I'm thinking a KA24DET would be fun, just so I can compare it to the SR. As of now its all a thought :D One day though :D

I hear you on the motor swap vs. L series thing. I'm pretty sure I want to keep my dime L powered. I am already shopping around for different EFI setups for my current L series. I think I'll get it running on the EFI and then have Dan Hall build me a proper L series for boost and install it once all the fabricating is done..

steve you dont have an l you have a z20 with an l head :rolleyes:

steve you dont have an l you have a z20 with an l head :rolleyes:

Well.. Yes.... technically it is a Z20 bottom end.... well... a long rod Z20 bottom end. But if it has an L head on it.. It's an L.. At least in my opinoin.. A hell of an L at that!!

ka24det would be the only acceptable endgame for a ka, otherwise vq35de/hr ;)

You know a stock ka24det can push 300hp no sweat, right? ;)

A VQ would be fun but if I was to do all the work I would go with a VQ45 :D

Yeah the KA's head flows better than the SR... Or so they say.

• 1 month later...

We painted a door and a hood :) We pulled an all nighter on Saturday :D Take that person that smashed my door!!! I was so tired in the morning I forgot to take pics of it painted :D Nillon is going to send them to me soon.

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Well the insurance is still trying to fuck me, I talked with them a bit on the phone today... I'm not giving up!!!! Carter just sold a 2 door with more damage than mine for 2100 bucks!!! Somehow my car is only worth 1600:blink:

Anyways.... We installed the door and hood today :D turned out nice :D Thanks to my 2 buddies Rizzo and Nillon.

Before:

newest%20pics%20003.JPG

After:

new%20door%20039.JPG

new%20door%20040.JPG

Total loss they say... Fuckers!!

I asked for "repair only" costs on the buick, since there was obviously no frame damage. They went from $1400 totalled to $930 repair only, but didn't have to mess with title changes. By the time I had bought it back and paid for the title re-registration, the $1400 would have been down around $900 anyway. Could have been possible only because of the other ladies insurance....I don't know....but considering I only paid $650 for the buick....it worked out fine :)