waynos 1964 datsun NL320

wayno

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Ratsun folk, I am going to have an upholstery outfit look at the NL tomarrow for a quote on the interior, mainly the bench seat and door panels(although I could do the door panels without frills), what is the consensus on the colors and where they should be. I'm thinking red and black or just black? If red and black, what should go where? You can see the seat, what you guys think? Should the interior be red? Don't say white, I have to take a bath just to get in the mini, it's white. wayno

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

The dark sections of the original used to be red. If you don't like white....maybe grey and red.

After you get their quote, you may consider checking with Ratdat3?...he's a local guy on here that is doing gcmustang's 411.

...edit...

I just looked at another notification....gcmustang just posted this....

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21662-new-score-3-cars/page__view__findpost__p__357583

lol@ steering wheel club

It's red, it matches the upper half. So far nothing has been stolen, I have 4 vehicles with them. Hey mike, shouldn't the interior match the outside colors, the mini is white top and green body, the interior is white/offwhite with green piping and carpet. I don't know, thats why I'm asking everyone. wayno

Is the bottom of the inside of the door black to match the exterior? If it is I suggest gray with red accents. What are you doing with the kick panels & the package tray? I think the black on the outside should be equal on the inside (paint is what I mean). Two tone the inside cab paint to match the outside paint. The upholster with the grey & red accents. Top of the dash satin black to reduce glare & red face with a gray pin strippng to tie it all together. Just my 2 cents. This is definiately a work of art.

I couldn't beleave what I ran across today on craigslist, a mostly complete 1963 datsun 320, 4 speed on the column, and it is suppose to run, but he is worried about the brakes, which seemed to work when I tried them. The floor boards are solid, no rust. :D It all seems to be there except the box. I bought it. wayno

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

DSCN0570.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

• Like 1

I'm back, had to buy a new monitor, my old one was tired I guess, can you get tired after 3 years if your a monitor? How about it monitors? :lol: The only bad part is drivers side fender around the lower hinge next to the door, I'm not sure what was going on there, looked like fiberglass a little. :unsure: This guy had two of them both 4 spd. column shift, the one he is keeping has a bunch of awards/trophys. He told me that you can use a VW beetle(he thinks it was the beetle) windshield gasket to put the 320 windshield in,:rolleyes: have any 320 owners heard of this? As I said in the last post it started right up, all the guages and warning lights worked, I pushed the clutch in and even moved it, it has the stock E1 engine, and quite possibly has only 21,000 miles on it. :D He made it a flatbed because the PO had side swiped the box on something, that flat bed you see in the picture is the original box bottom, just raised 6" to a foot. I think I'll be able to drive it home after checking the rear brakes, the former daughters boyfriend had the rear drums off for some reason and had extra parts when finished. :( wayno