waynos 1964 datsun NL320

wayno

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I can't do a thing with photobucket, there will be no more pictures until the site will work for me, I can see the site and my pictures breifly, then it turns to a white screen that nothing can be done with, I can get logged in if I am fast enough, but it still becomes a white screen. I can hit the back icon(arrow) and see the pictures again, then guess what, :angry: white screen.

Well, I was able to get photobucket to work when I could see the pictures I wanted I would start hitting Esc to get it to stop what it was doing, then everytime the screen changed I would do the same thing until I made it to here. The truck has very little of the original color left, we are still trying to get the sandblaster going to sandblast the bed, lot of surface rust there. wayno

DSCN0410-1.jpg

DSCN0408-1.jpg

DSCN0409-1.jpg

Realistic, there is a complicated word. I beleave that this painter/artist is going to prime it by sunday, as I said before, he kinda works on it when he feels like it, I figured out that if I start helping, then the next day, a lot gets done while I am not around. I told him I wanted to drive it to longbeach wa. saterday the 11th(the rod run), he said it would be done wendsday, that would give me a few days to put it back together. I'll tell you, getting them last pictures posted was a hassle, it took an hour to force the 3 pictures threw. I guess I am going to have to have the "PC GUY" come in and clean this computer up since I haven't got a clue on how to do it myself, I can erase cookies, but thats about it. I'll try to get pictures of each step of painting. wayno

Thank you Wayno, the pictures are much appreciated. As for your computer before you hire a computer tec to cleanup your computer check on ratsun if there is someone in your area that would be able to help you cleanup your computer. I here all kinds of horror stories of people getting burned by various computer tech companies. Keep it in the Ratsun family if you can. :cool:

wish you were in los angeles.. i would give your comp to our radio techs at work to fix the bugs.. they love to fix computers. heck, theyll just do it for a box of donuts sometimes:D

but most recent pics didnt post on my side.

my mechanic friend is like your painter guy...ultimately, i started buying my tools and taking my repairs to other people because he would work on his schedule but i never got much progress when i did that and seriously, ratsun and all you guys helped a lot.. i probably wouldnt have been as far as i want to be without the help from everyones input

with all that said, you still have a sweet project and cant wait to see the results. ;)

I'm back, I reposted the pictures that went away, the last picture shows in back of the door, in the area of the rocker, there was a lot of rust because the inside has basicly a catch, everything that comes off the rear wheel and what is thrown forward is caught and then when it gets wet it holds the moisture, on both sides. When I get it back, I think I will put some kind of blocker on both sides, maybe an inner fender well in the fender well. Hopefully my little picture episode won't happen again to soon, it took the guy 1 1/2 hrs. to fix the problem. By the way, I used the "PC GUY", he was reasonable I think($65.00), and it works now. wayno

Images are in no particular order, first is of the box treated for rust after sandblasting, it isn't totally black yet, didn't want to wait.

DSCN0431.jpg

The side before priming.

DSCN0426.jpg

This is after I sandblasted.

DSCN0425.jpg

Drivers side primed, and I am sure he'll sand it off again looking for high and low spots.

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

He says it will be finished wendsday, I have doubts.:unsure: wayno

I use photobucket. I open 2 Internet Explorer windos, 1 is my "photobucket album" the other is Ratsun in a "Post Reply Window where I want to post pictures. I upload the pictures to photobucketand save them. Then I move the mouse pointer over the picture I want to post in the reply message, left click on the words "IMG Code" (which hi-lights the image code to the right of the words, then I right click on the hi-lighted image code & select "Copy" from the drop down menu. I then which back to the other Internet Explorer Window (Ratsun Reply window) left click to place my cursor where I want it in the reply window, Then right click & chose paste. You can then preview the reply message before posting it & your picture or pictures should be there.

Here is a picture from your Photobucket album on the NL.

DSCN0430.jpg

Hi there Charlie69, I get frustrated when things happen on the computer that I do not understand, a couple of MY posts ago I put 4 pictures in the post, when I posted only 3 of them made it as a picture, the last one was a small box with a red X in it, I tried again and got the same result, a while ago I went back to this the thread and the 4th picture was there twice, when I looked at my photobucket earlier about a third of the pictures were missing, now they are all there. Photobucket changed something and I couldn't get into it the other day, called a guy and he fixed that, and now my computer won't read the SD card anymore automaticly, I called the computer guy and he told me that to get the SD card back the way it was, we would have to undo the fix for photobucket. I be screwed.:lol: I can get the pictures off the card, it just takes a few steps that I didn't know about yesterday, :crying: Enough of my whining. :rolleyes: I hope to get pictures of the NL in primer tomarrow afternoon. wayno

wayno,

did your 320 have the trim all around the bed?

im thinking of chroming that on mine... are you painting yours?

Yes, it does. I was thinking the same thing, I was also thinking about chroming the little pieces of metal near the corner just in back of the door, level with the box trim you are talking about. Theres a rubber bumper that sit on it for the doors. When I bought this truck I was given with it many extra pieces, I have a full extra set of box trim, except the tailgate trim is really bad, the other 3 are in great shape. But for now the trim pieces are getting painted. Do you have a complete truck? wayno

wayno:

I think my truck is pretty complete, minus the column shift... All the trim is there but I think they're not all the same but for now and to the naked eye it looks complete..

but yes, I thought about thoses corner peices too.. I may just paint them but it was neat to know they're on there... Did you also undercoat the 320?... And lastly, in one of your photos of the undercarriage toward the tail end is that the fuel filter.... Mike and charlie69 gave me the idea to clean up the firewall so I'm looking for a position/place to put a fuel filter.

Yes, it is the fuel filter, mike did all that before I bought the truck. When I first looked at the truck, and seen under the hood, I was amazed,the engine compartment looked so nice, and it looked so plain on the outside.

DSCN0409-1.jpg

It's a good place for a filter, where you can get at it, but out of sight mostly. When the wheel is mounted, and the truck is sitting on the ground, you don't see this area very well, unless you looking. wayno

It's just a generic fuel filter from the parts store to match the tubing/hose size. I put that in so that the filter in the glass bowl would not get messed up. Much easier to replace the metal one.

I did that at the same time that I ran all brand new tubing from the tank to the filter and cleaned the tank.

DSCN0434.jpg

He started painting all the stuff that has to be done before the main painting, such as the jams, under the hinges for the tailgate, under the trim pieces around the box and tailgate, ect. The truck is not going to be finished tomarrow, big surprise. Says friday now he thinks, :unsure: I don't want to rush him,:poke: no good can come from doing that. :rolleyes: I am supposed to start putting the things to be painted back on tomarrow morning.:thumbup: I'll get somemore pictures then. wayno