waynos 1964 datsun NL320

wayno

i talked with hardhead320 at JCCS 10 and he said he got his door rubber from McMaster-Carr.....i think

and i might go out on a limb because im sure of his window rubber but what about scotts old rubber from australia?

dont know much but those are some sourses i can think of off the top.

looking forward to the pics ;)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thread update, I picked up my bench seat, door panels, and kick panels yesterday from ratdat3, Oics. to come tomarrow. My mig welder gave up a couple weeks ago and so the floorpan has not been touched yet, but I spent a small fortune on a really nice replacement, so that needs to be focused on this weeked. My neighbor is using the shit out of it welding on a aluminum boat, he bought a $200. attachment for it just to weld on that boat, he has an older unit that doesn't have the spool gun option. I bet he uses the welder more than I do. wayno

Hi there Ratsun folk, I put the seat in today after using a rust treatment on the floorboards. I have decided that there was more rust than I thought and I am going to wait till spring when the weather gets better before I attack the floorboards. The seat is great, nice and firm, a new feel.:D I have to go buy clips for the door panels, then they will be installed.

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0704.jpg

DSCN0703.jpg

Hi there Ratsun folk, I put the seat in today after using a rust treatment on the floorboards. I have decided that there was more rust than I thought and I am going to wait till spring when the weather gets better before I attack the floorboards. The seat is great, nice and firm, a new feel.:D I have to go buy clips for the door panels, then they will be installed.

Wayno, let me know when or where you get your door clips. i have been kinda doing research off and on and havent really seen anything on them yet. i really think i am not looking in the right location.

seat looks sweet! nice color. :)

I'm not so sure I'd do carpet, since they didn't have it from the factory... Thinking I might do a real thick layer of bedliner on mine.

Also, they didn't have a headliner either - at leas not an upholstered one.

Interior looks awesome!!!!

I'm not so sure I'd do carpet, since they didn't have it from the factory... Thinking I might do a real thick layer of bedliner on mine.

Also, they didn't have a headliner either - at leas not an upholstered one.

Interior looks awesome!!!!

Hi there AZhitman, ratdat3 told me he could do the headliner with what looks like original material. I need to do some kind of flooring material to cut down on noise and to help with heating, although the heater core is not connected up right now, thats another project thats coming up. When next summer gets here I will attack the floorboards, I need more room than I have to work on it where it is, it is raining a lot here. I also don't want to put something on them that I can't get off easy. Are you still interested in that trim piece? wayno

Thanks for all the praise! I love what I do and Datsun's are my addiction! Anyone wanting some work done let me know. I will trade interior work for Datsun's as well. Hey Wayne, if you want, we can do rubber floor mats with sound deadener under. Headliner will be here soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ratdat3 was here today, he put in my headliner for a very reasonable price, it looks like the original to me. I do not know what these Oics. are going to look like on here, if they look like :poop:, i'll retake them tomarrow. wayno

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

I'll try to get better ones tomarrow, the best one is with the flash. wayno