waynos 1964 datsun NL320

wayno

now it's wayno's 1964 320 and 1963 320... :-)

when you get time... Snap a couple of photos of ur 1964 NL with the roadster scoop

I'll try, it's not something I want to do by myself, maybe i'll get a vistor this weekend that I can talk into helping me, I don't bug the neighbors to much, they are nice and put up with me and my ratsun illness. :unsure: wayno

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there everybody, there you are burrito, jay520 helped me put the hood on, here is what it looks like with the datsun roadster hood scoop on the 320 hood. wayno

DSCN0583.jpg

:excl: :excl:

(please, everyone...turn away from your computer screens for a second..i just had an eye-gasm)... :blush: :hairy:

man Wayno, that is awsome... hope you didnt have to go through the trouble of putting it on but that hood looks awsome... its official, i gotta have this made for my truck... i dont have a welder so i may just buy the hoods, and pay someone to hook this up for me....

wow! :thumbup:

This is the picture(from mikes thread) that I used to create my hood, not my idea, but I liked it. I did not like the grill, way to much chrome, it's just to big, in my opinion. But this truck looks unfinished, with all the trim pieces, including hubcaps it quite possibly could balance it out. I have another hood and am looking for another cool scoop to put on it. wayno

PHTO0003.jpg

im tellin' yah, ...all i got to do is get two hoods ( nl320/roadster) hood and i will pay to get it welded and hopefully i could have one too.

are you keeping the rims stock?

Yes, the rims are staying stock looking. Thanks for the interior oic. I just can't decide what color the interior will be, all black goes with most colors, except the truck has a red dash, red would work, especially with the red dash, but red fades fast. I also have thought about tan.:unsure: I have never had to decide the interior before. :confused: There is more to just welding the scoop on the hood, you have to grind the spot welds smooth, and then bondo it in, then you have to paint it, or the whole truck? Thats why I had it painted all at the same time, so it would match. It's expensive, unless you find a unemployed artist, but you have to live with the artists timeline and excuses, and hopefully you have a good dental plan for all the teeth grinding/stress that the artists timeline causes.:lol: As far as I can tell, it takes twice as long as they say it's going to take(1969 datsun 521 kingcab) to do a really good job, or a week or two over to get a fair job done, at a really good price. wayno

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there Ratsun folk, I sent my bench seat, door panels and kick panel(only had one) off with ratdat3 to be done, he is also going to look into the headliner also, guess I am going to have to look into fixing the floorpan now, it isn't to bad, i'll see about posting some Oics. tomarrow, I am hoping that melvins floorpan pieces that were cut out for parts will blend to the point where you can't tell I welded in another piece. I am also going to have to look into door rubber, when I pulled the seat the drivers side floorboards were wet, not good. Can you get the door rubber anymore? wayno