waynos 1964 datsun NL320

wayno

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I scored a few 320 parts lately,:D since i have a 63 L320 around i have started gathering a few parts for the future, I bought another set of 64 front lenses in case I decide to run a 64 grill, and i also bought one of mikes disc brake kits a while back, I just received my kingpin kit from Singapore, it took over 2 months, and the last thing I scored was a set of 1963/65 front turn signal lenses, new in there boxes. I beleave i was real lucky to come by these. He had no buckets though. :( Also in the Oic. is a 521 voltage regulator. wayno

DSCN0236.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wayno, let me know when or where you get your door clips. i have been kinda doing research off and on and havent really seen anything on them yet. i really think i am not looking in the right location.

seat looks sweet! nice color. :)

Sorry Burrito, I dropped the ball on this inquiry, I bought the clips I needed at the auto paint supply store, not the same as stock, but they worked. wayno

Your king pin box looks like new compared to mine from Signapore. Trick on ordering from Signapore, order first of November and you will have it before Christmas, I guess the sailors want to be home by christmas too. LOL

Great score on the other parts.

• 1 month later...

Looks good mate, have u recieved ur delivery from aus yet??

Not yet Zeke, I was told it was on the way though. I am hoping that the sides look better this time, it looked like someone was skipping rocks on a lake when I got it back the first time. Black is a tough color. The artist doesn't do well with deadlines, so I gave him a month and a half this time to just clean it up from the front of the doors all the way back including the tailgate, he says it should be done in the next week or two.

I received the package from Austrailia that Zeke was inquiring about a couple days ago, as Zeke was the one that turned me on to these differant style of taillight bezels that have a rib in them to separate the yellow turn signals from the red brake/running lights. Thankyou very much Zeke!! They are awesome. I put together the pickup today so I can drive it home sometime this weekend, I think it looks better than it did, I guess everyone will see it at canby.

DSCN0508-1.jpg

DSCN0506-1.jpg

DSCN0503-1.jpg

DSCN0509-1.jpg

This is what it used to look like.

DSCN0523.jpg

Wait. What? Can this only get better?.....looks reallly reallly good wayno.

Do you know if zeke can aquire other sets of the tail bezels?. Those look really nice.

But great looking nl. Wish I could have been able to go to canby to see it in person but one day.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have no freaking idea why the pump wouldn't pull up the fuel, I forced fuel up with an electric fuel pump, then removed it and reconnected the lower gas filter and now it runs fine. I also found a oil puddle under it while i was running the PU in the driveway, that turned out to be the mechanical oil gauge line connection to the block, I will stop by the auto parts store and see how much a electic oil pressure gauge will set me back, and while I am there I think I will get a quiet electic fuel pump just in case. It's like I loaned it out and they beat the shit out of it, and then pushed it back in the driveway before I found out. I don't trust the fuel supply now.