Anyone ever Randomly offer to buy your datsun from you?

Or you get the old guy. Hey you know how datsun got there name?

DAT SOON go fuck yourself I've heard it a 1000 times.

HA I just got that for the first time this summer at a show!

What I dislike is when these guys come up to the 521 and could give a shit that it is a Datsun- in fact they are rather aloof about it, but they only want it because it is small, they think it is cheap and they can drop a SBC in it and take it to the strip.:rolleyes:

Get a f'n Luv if you want to do that.

I have nothing against SBC's in a Datsun, hell 327's is BAD AZZ!! Just, if you are going to come up to me and talk about buying my truck, which I am not selling, don't act all stuck up and only caring that it is a light platform for your hot small block. Do it because you really want a Datsun first, then put a sbc in one if you feel the desire to marry both loves.

End rant.

Edited by fisch
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I remember one time when I was at the local supermarket checkout when the teenaged "bag boy" saw that I was wearing my Datsun ballcap. He asked if I owned the yellow Datsun out in the parking lot. I said: "No, I own the blue one." He looked at me as if I owned James Bond's Aston Martin or the Batmobile or something like that, then said: "cool!" I left the store. I think some day that kid will find himself his own Datsun.

Dan

every time i take her out, when i used to live on indian school rd here in phx (a major street), i would get like 10-15 offers in a short period of time, hey how much for it, they asked, my response, DO YOU SEE A SIGN ON IT THAT SAYS FOR SALE, i ask if they have about 10 g's , huh:confused:, i mean if it was for sale , i would have put a sign on it, the worst is when i pull into the gas station, i tilt the bed, then the fun begins, how much you want for it, wish i still had mine, let me know when you want to sell it, etc etc, been wanting to build another one, my response, ck craigslist. i do not mind the attention, but no it's not for sale, i do like the thumbs up i get with her thou...:D

I can't remember anyone with any money offering to buy mine. It does get more than it's fair share of comments. Every guy over 40 "used to have one just like it". Guys in the 30-40 age bracket give me the "sweet B210". I get the "what is that?" and "do you drift it?" from the under-30 crew. Generally speaking, people seem to like Datsuns but nobody wants to pay for them...most of us included.:rolleyes:

i live on a main/cut road and peaple stop into my house all the time. My wife doesn't really trust anyone, so she really hates it. Esp when gas was so high, peaple just stopping in and knocking on my door. they usually seem to really like datsuns {it's either the truck or b210, they never enquire about both/either} so i dont mind them so much. If you like stupid stories get a b210, i have heard so many story about epic camping trips:lol::lol:

One of the times this question came to me, the truck almost sold. But i would have been payed well for it.:D I told this man a price that was about 5 times what i had into it at that time. I was thinking then that i would just build a king cab. We were within about 200 of making a deal, but he was not happy that i would not budge on my price.

The only time I was ever offered any money was about ten years ago. My truck was rusting away and had no grill, bumper, valance in front. The hood had no paint, only rust and the windshield cowl was missing too. It was beat to say the least.

I had the camper on it and drove it to Laguna Seca for the IndyCar races so I could sleep in the back and not have to pay $125 a night for a motel. I went into downtown Monterey on Saturday night, parked and got out to go walk around the Old Town.

About four guys came over to me and ask me if I wanted to sell it. One guy said he would give me a grand cash right now. The next guy said fifteen hundred. I said, I got this truck new and I will never sell it. The next guy said I'll give you three grand and I told him he was kidding. The other guys assured me that he was serious.

I wish I could remember this guys name. He had an auto detail business in Seaside. He says look at my truck, and points across the street to the gas station parking lot where there are six trucks parked. They were all show trucks. 520, 521 and 620s. I was blown away. Every single one of these trucks was badd. They all had exotic murals air brushed on them and beautiful interiors.

This guy keeps working on me telling me that he could get me four grand and I don't believe him. He whips out a big thick photo album with his build pics. He had done a full frame off restoration on a long bed 620, bagged, shaved and trick as any hot rod I have ever seen. The paint was a color that looked black but had a purple undertone in the light. I don't remember the engine just that he said the paint was ten grand and the engine had been blueprinted and made three hundred horsepower. He said he had twenty five grand in cash and two years work into it.

A couple years later I saw that guy driving a new Corvette over in the industrial area of Sand City. I have never seen any of those guys or their trucks since. Never seen any pictures of those trucks either. I keep thinking that maybe one of them would pop up here on Ratsun but generally maybe we are too Ratsun. There was a guy that started a build thread a couple years ago who had a auto shop on Del Monte Blvd. in Seaside. He seemed to build race cars and stuff but I don't think he ever posted more than a couple times. I though that he would probably know these guys.

Roadsters get it often. When I sold the blue roadster, people kept calling and e-mailing me months after I sold the thing. Some of the messages and comments I got were just absurd! "Can you use MG parts on it?", "My wife is looking for a convertible she can putt around in.", and my favorite, "Wow, I like the hot rod custom lights you used on that Austin Healey Sprite!" (:fu: to that one!)

Some people either need an education or learn to keep their mouths shut... :rolleyes:

One instance, I was warming up before going to work and a couple walking while pushing a stroller walked by...I looked as they kept walking...

I opened the door, sat in the driver's seat to get going and the guy runs across my lawn to ask me if I'm selling my goon.

First of all...you run across my lawn to ask me that?!?!

Second, (like others) Do you see a for sale sign??

I say "no...its not for sale"

He says "well, if you ever decide to sell it, let me know...I live down the street"

Living down the street is gonna change my mind?? :D:fu:

All in all, its nice to be recognized in an old Datto...getting the thumbs up, smiles and compliments. But I'd have to say its kinda annoying when people push so hard to get me to sell it. I makes me think they're gonna come back at night and try to seal it. :lol:

I get asked everywhere I go also.

"Having a Datsun, is kinda like having a celebrity for a girlfriend. The attention is cool once in a while, but come on people, leave us alone sometimes, lol."

I get the same thing in my Hearse all the time too.

hey want to sale that hearse........j/k:lol::lol: that thing is bad azz

I hate the dude that tells you how he used to have a datsun and dosent know when to shut the hell up.

I dont want to listen to your storys about doing tons of coke and driving your friends 280z around Berkly in 1981 while Im looking for parts in the JY :rolleyes:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ive had that happen to me a few times one time a guy offered me an 89 5.0 mustang for shelly i told him no i dont need the tickets :D but it has happened ALOT with the new one to the point that its annoying every one says it looks like a mini muscle car im going to have the rear quarter windows engraved with the words "not for sale"

When my Grandpa first starting driving my 521...right after we gave it to him for his 80th birthday...he said he would get offers almost every single time he had it out...so thats like 3 times a week.:cool:

That was in the Central Valley of California though....plenty of folks out there lookin for a cheap little hauler.

Since i have had it here in Colorado, I have had several notes on the window, a few face to face offers and "gas station story tellers" gallore!:D

I dig the way that real people can relate to the little truck. Some of those super aloof/snooty/stuck-up American HotRod dudes that blow me off are missing the point of my truck...which is to drive the story as much as the truck.

Thats cool though...it's just like I am missing the point of their Rusty 74 Nova with ladder bars...or their 78 Firbird with the chicken on the hood...:)

Drive it like everyone wants it, it makes people wonder what the heck is up.

:cool:

Edited by denveratsun

Everybody knows me and my blue 521. There is only 1 in town and it happens to be mine. I can't go anywhere without someone I know catchin up to me "Hey saw you at the gas station yesterday" Well good for you.

I hate the DAT SOON crap! Get a life, go tell someone else.

Have been offered several times to sel it. Last offer was $2500. No thanks, gonna keep it

I get offers every damn day for my mini, but oddly none for the Z (which is substantially nicer). I think it's because I live in a small, rural catholic town and it's not a pick-up truck so it's obviously useless (my dad has gotten offers with his 720).

Though to the one guy that offered me a grand for my "old Trans-Am"...

Go fuck yourself.

One instance, I was warming up before going to work and a couple walking while pushing a stroller walked by...I looked as they kept walking...

I opened the door, sat in the driver's seat to get going and the guy runs across my lawn to ask me if I'm selling my goon.

First of all...you run across my lawn to ask me that?!?!

Second, (like others) Do you see a for sale sign??

I say "no...its not for sale"

He says "well, if you ever decide to sell it, let me know...I live down the street"

Living down the street is gonna change my mind?? :D:fu:

All in all, its nice to be recognized in an old Datto...getting the thumbs up, smiles and compliments. But I'd have to say its kinda annoying when people push so hard to get me to sell it. I makes me think they're gonna come back at night and try to seal it. :lol:

the worse ones are the ones that see you on the road and follow you. if you start following me, ill pull into a residential zone. and unless your in a porsche, i AM loosing you!

and the attention sometimes does get a bit on the nerves. the worse part is my car gets called a 510....:(

There were 2 times that I remember that people asked if I was selling.

Once when I had it on the tow dolly bringing it home (only had it for maybe a day at this time).

And the second time was from a guy who I was trying to buy a replacement engine from. Told him I needed the engine for my car and he goes on to ask if I were willing to part with the car. Almost lost the engine because I laughed so hard in his face. I quickly apologized for fear that he wouldn't sell the engine to me.