68 Wagoon of DOOM!

Thanks guys!

This thing is Awesome! Love it. Can you tell us what you did for the front suspension? Pictures!

We used VW inserts with some cheesy coilovers we had laying around, it so low in the front we had to take out the sway bar because the TC rods where hitting it. I want to turn some TC rods down about .75" to regain some caster because as it sits 45 mph + is scary haha :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No super clear pics, I may have one more I could post, next time it's on jack stands I will shoot some more pics. Nothing to impressive chop chop then we boxed shit back in, then drove it :) probably 5 days of messing around underneath if it was all day ever day straight. We didn't want to get to carried away, it's just a beater that was on CL for almost a year.

No super clear pics, I may have one more I could post, next time it's on jack stands I will shoot some more pics. Nothing to impressive chop chop then we boxed shit back in, then drove it :)

I'd love to see it. I did a 510 IRS swap on my 1200 Coupe, but I don't think the way we did it will work on my '68 wagon. I REALLY want to see how you did it. :cool:

dam that looks nice! i agree though just half an inch lower in the back and i would call it good, just to get it to sit equal. I love how that back tire looks tucking up in there, I cant imagine how this would look channeled and with air cylinders, that tire would almost be half way gone! haha. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Damn right that's how they should sit :) Dude we layed under that fucker for hours trying to figure out how to mount shocks but leave room for the fuel tank and not cut into the rear hatch area.... Hours! From my Datto truck knowledge I remember that they have really short shocks so we just used truck shocks and dropped them as low as we could to keep them out of the cargo area. What do you think we should have done? It actually doesn't ride that bad and the horns look kinda cool :)

Jeff, I hadn't responded to this because I couldn't thing of any better way to mount the shocks. I just came up with something that could be kinda cool though. The only way I see being able to keep the cargo area flat would be to use a bell crank system. If you mounted the shocks off of a bracket attached to the mustache bar or diff you could run some bell cranks off of the stock shock mounts. I don't really know if this would be totally feasible with the space that you have under there, but I do think it would be pretty trick it you could work it out, and it would help with the ground clearance compared to the horns.

Just throwing that out there, either way, I really dig the goon.

• 3 years later...