68 Wagoon of DOOM!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I'm a long time longroof owner, and am currently toying with getting a 510 project.

But that Blue Falcon GT hardtop just blew my blood pressure into the red! Please tell me the owner is looking after the big bird, they are getting really rare and are worth some serious coin here!

We tacked the front X-member mounts in and should get the rear ones done soon. The dog bone is hitting the frame rails so it will have to be modified to to get enough upward travel :D There is still a tone of stuff to figure out but we are off to a good start.

here is a question for all you 68 pros. What is up with the front x-member in this photo? the LCA pivot points are higher like the sedans? Did the wagons have a higher stock ride hight? Are wagon is number 1200 something off the line, the seatbelts say 67 it. There is no date, the rats ate most of the label off one and all of it off the other...

wagoon%202%20003.JPG

We also pulled the engine. It had a blown head gasket, judging from the plug there is quite a bit of rust in the cylinder so we are going to get one from a buddy and install it soon.

wagoon%202%20002.JPG

wagoon%202%20001.JPG

The battery did a number up front.... Luckily it's not through....

Now, I'm a long time longroof owner, and am currently toying with getting a 510 project.

But that Blue Falcon GT hardtop just blew my blood pressure into the red! Please tell me the owner is looking after the big bird, they are getting really rare and are worth some serious coin here!

He does Mad Max replicas, I'm sure it will turn into one soon. I'm personally not a fan. To me it looks like a grandma car haha and some how a 510 wagon looks cool :D Each to there own though :D

here is a question for all you 68 pros. What is up with the front x-member in this photo? the LCA pivot points are higher like the sedans? Did the wagons have a higher stock ride hight?

Not a 68 Pro but..

68 wagon does not use lower pivot point like the 68 sedan does.

Found this out a month ago.

Don't know why but it does.

What's the strut housing length on there now?

68 sedans measures 10.5

Ride height might be the same with sedan

Aussie Ford Falcon

Buy a 70/71 GT Torino Fastback, almost the same platform.

Those Panasports look Familiar!!!!!!!!!!!

oh i know all about it man :) i was tryin to make a interceptor model out of a torino and a monza .. i got bored an never finished then it got all smashed up :(

seein one of those here in the states is a pleasure, especialy seein a interceptor coverted one.. either way its bad ass.. AN THIS IS COMMIN FROM SOMEONE WHO ISNT A BIG FAN OF FORDS.. i love havin aussie guys in our datto crowd, had 610sss not spotted that car i wouldnt of said nothin, i glared at it a few mins but couldnt figure out exactly what it was.. im used to seein the interceptor coversions.. hehe.

Any chance of some pics of the XB??? and how did it get to the usa????

If its a GT its worth some good money over here, also ya dont see these much anymore though i did see a black 4door today:cool:

I couldnt believe my eyes at first, i was thinking it cant be a xb then i had a better look and i was like WTF it is a xb and i could see the GT 351:eek:

> how did it get to the usa????

There are two companies in USA that specialize in importing Falcons: one in Oregon, and one in Seattle.

I should have bought an XB GT back in 2004 when they were only 7,000 - 8,000 -- and I had the cash to do it. Five years later they are double the price. But I was holding out for 1200 Ute, and I got that last year.

Go the Datsun!

> how did it get to the usa????

There are two companies in USA that specialize in importing Falcons: one in Oregon, and one in Seattle.

I should have bought an XB GT back in 2004 when they were only 7,000 - 8,000 -- and I had the cash to do it. Five years later they are double the price. But I was holding out for 1200 Ute, and I got that last year.

lets not get off topic here keep the chit chat to pms guys

i wana see more of this IRS 510 suspension swap makes me want a wagon!!!! bet this things going to drive bitchen!!!!!

wag16a.jpg

http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/gulesdatsun1600wagon/

To inspire you.

I met the guy who actually built this thing in 2000, matter of interest it was the first weekend of the 2000 Sydney Olympics. The guy was as crazy as the car, it destroyed everything else at the hillclimb it was attending. Interesting thing, the rear axle was cambered. He ended up selling it, I assume to the owner mentioned in the link. Last I heard it's been retired.

Damn, i talked him down to 400, or they guy that had it posted for his friend said he'd probly take it. I just never got myself to go get it, i wish i would have now that i see how clean it came out. :o

It turns out I knew the guy that owned it from years ago and probobly could have gotten the price lower. Sometimes it's better to stick to your word than save a 100 bucks. Especially when the car world is so small. It's in good shape for the age since the production date was 67!! I just can't wait to get it back on the ground!! We are working on a 4 door right now, which I will be starting a thread on soon.

HAHA yep :D My GF loves Invader Zim, I thought it would be cool to use their Doom theme :D

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't touched in a week or so. Been working on another dime. I'm going to be starting a thread on it soon. I'm really excited to get back to the bagged goon though :D

• 4 weeks later...