68 Wagoon of DOOM!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do not go with some knock off brand of air bags. That wagon is way to cool to destroy just because you installed some inexpensive bags. Stick to the name brands, Contitec, Firestone, or Slam Specialities. Just looking out for a fellow ratsuneer. :thumbup:

Did you cut in a sedan rear floor pan, or just fab up some brackets to mount the crossmember and diff mounts onto the wagon undercarriage?

We did save a whole sedan floor pan but ended up just using chunks of it. We want the wagon to look factory on the inside :D

Please do not go with some knock off brand of air bags. That wagon is way to cool to destroy just because you installed some inexpensive bags. Stick to the name brands, Contitec, Firestone, or Slam Specialities. Just looking out for a fellow ratsuneer. :thumbup:

We would get some classy ones but $$ is what rules most of our projects :(

updates??:D

None haha :D To many other projects right now.

• 2 months later...

Last pic, I haven't been taking to many pics it turns out. I think winter kinda hinders us photo takers. Every time I want to snap one it's to dark!!!

goon%20pics%20new%20year%20147.jpg

It still doesn't have any rear brakes and the upper shock mount needs to be reinforced but other than that she drives pretty damn good. Well we did end up killing the diff :( Somehow we forgot to check to fluid so now its kinda loud....

For some reason 68 fuel tanks are different, our original tank was rusted out from not having a cap on it for 23 years while it sat. We got one from Bryce on credit :)

goon%20pics%20new%20year%20164.jpg

It still doesn't fit perfect but good enough.

Looks SOOOO sick! Now that is how a goon should sit! Very cool stuff Ice.

Whats up with the crazy shock mounts? Are you using the stock goon shock mounting location? Or just trying to keep the cargo area flat?

Looks SOOOO sick! Now that is how a goon should sit! Very cool stuff Ice.Whats up with the crazy shock mounts? Are you using the stock goon shock mounting location? Or just trying to keep the cargo area flat?

Damn right that's how they should sit :) Dude we layed under that fucker for hours trying to figure out how to mount shocks but leave room for the fuel tank and not cut into the rear hatch area.... Hours! From my Datto truck knowledge I remember that they have really short shocks so we just used truck shocks and dropped them as low as we could to keep them out of the cargo area. What do you think we should have done? It actually doesn't ride that bad and the horns look kinda cool :)