Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the information guys, I think I'll try a few yards when I'm in town. It's always nice to see some rust-free stuff!

Datsun Stuff is slim Picking out here. Late model stuff is a gold mine out here though, especially 90's Honda and GM stuff.

The two 521s are still in the foster pick-n-pull, this is the new addition.

DSCN0377.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

It has a dogleg 5 speed in it, but I am unsure if it is good, if you wipe your finger around the drain plug area, it has silver oil from when they drained the tranny. It also has a bed liner in it, but no tailgate, first one I ever seen, not sure if it was made for the truck, but it sorta fits.

The windshield is bad, it has an L20b I beleave(forgot to check that), but it does have a W58 head with new exhaust system all the way to the back.

The front bumper was really good for it being in the wrecking yard, hood was fairly good also with a pealing badge.

the rest of the glass was good, and in general the truck is strait.

The instrument cluster was there and looked good with the green turn indicators, it showed 24,000 on the odometer, all the dash switches were there, but a couple of the knobs were broke or missing.

It also has a fairly good seat, but it had a cover that I did not remove to inspect.

The tank has been destroyed by the yard, they punched holes in it to drain it.

The truck above has been sitting for a while under trees or something, as it is green.

There was a white 620 in the yard also, a 1980ish 510. the 200SX with the VG30 still has all the 510 conversion exhaust manifolds and intake systems, there are also a couple pre 80 datsun cars, one with an A block, and one with an L20b with a new/rebuilt carb.

While I was there a guy stopped and talked to me, he said that there is a auction next week at speeds auction???, a running driving 71 521 is going up on the block, he expects it to go for $500 or so, like the one last week.

Funny Wayno, I must have just missed you... There is another 521, blue, in the yard, missing a few more parts, it was stock though. That white one is definitely a L20b, motor is complete. They had hatchback and 4dr B210's. A '70 510 as well as a '78 510. 77 280z.

We were there looking for a windshield for a 521, hoping one of the 2 might have one. Ended up grabbing a few knobs the steering wheel, and the hood badge off the white 521.

The 510 in the yard has a good windshield, no cracks that I saw. The lower Grill trim is sitting on the wiper cowl, painted black, but fairly straight no dents.

I see you took the Bumperettes or was that someone else?

That 200sx, besides still having its complete motor (If I had money for it, I would now be doing a VG swap...), also had its 5 lug front struts.

Probably. The 620 tach has a painted redline area.

And since I'm in this section.

Who the hell does this?! Honestly , just put this ish up for sale.

547f7cbf.jpg

Aww man. That's some broke ass faggotry right there. It's going to be picked over haphazardly, then the decent looking shell is just going to be crushed and shipped to china to make a clothes dryer.

Funny Wayno, I must have just missed you... There is another 521, blue, in the yard, missing a few more parts, it was stock though. That white one is definitely a L20b, motor is complete. They had hatchback and 4dr B210's. A '70 510 as well as a '78 510. 77 280z.

We were there looking for a windshield for a 521, hoping one of the 2 might have one. Ended up grabbing a few knobs the steering wheel, and the hood badge off the white 521.

The 510 in the yard has a good windshield, no cracks that I saw. The lower Grill trim is sitting on the wiper cowl, painted black, but fairly straight no dents.

I see you took the Bumperettes or was that someone else?

That 200sx, besides still having its complete motor (If I had money for it, I would now be doing a VG swap...), also had its 5 lug front struts.

I was wondering who got that badge, but it was pealing. I actually grabbed the hood the next day for a friend.

Yes I got the bumperettes, actually just wanted the brackets, and one was bent, but I think I can straiten it, the bumperettes themselves were only in fair shape, but the price differance didn't make it worth while to remove them, the front bumper was almost perfect also.

It's really bad for me to find a 521 in the wrecking yards, I just have to buy stuff, why can't I find a 320 like jefe de jefes found, I would have grabed the grill for Marcos, the windshield if it was good, deffinately the front valance, as that one looks great, front turn signal buckets if good, and the wiper transmission if not froze up, and there is a lot of interior stuff to grab also.

547f7cbf.jpg

Can't tell from the photo what trim this has, but it looks like the narrow stuff, if it is the narrow stuff, I would grab all that is good, if this has the narrow side trim(fender/door), could someone grab it for me? I need it!

, I would have grabed the grill for Marcos, the windshield if it was good, deffinately the front valance, as that one looks great, front turn signal buckets if good, and the wiper transmission if not froze up, and there is a lot of interior stuff to grab also.

547f7cbf.jpg

Can't tell from the photo what trim this has, but it looks like the narrow stuff, if it is the narrow stuff, I would grab all that is good, if this has the narrow side trim(fender/door), could someone grab it for me? I need it!

I have a 320 and a couple of NL's so I nabbed a few items.

Grill,hood trim,front bumper guards,fender trim,windshield,bench seat,headlight rings.....

I thought about grabbing the valence. I'm not sure when I can make it out there again. I should have went Sunday since that weekend was 50% off. Maybe Eric from Visalia can grab some items for you? Westside auto dismantlers in Visalia is where it's at. I would have bought the whole truck if I had any more room. The city's been bitching lately about my rides...... I need to move to the country again. *sigh*

I have a 320 and a couple of NL's so I nabbed a few items.

Grill,hood trim,front bumper guards,fender trim,windshield,bench seat,headlight rings.....

I thought about grabbing the valence. I'm not sure when I can make it out there again. I should have went Sunday since that weekend was 50% off. Maybe Eric from Visalia can grab some items for you? Westside auto dismantlers in Visalia is where it's at. I would have bought the whole truck if I had any more room. The city's been bitching lately about my rides...... I need to move to the country again. *sigh*

Was the fender trim you grabbed the 1/2 inch wide type, or is it the comman 1 inch wide type?

Sounds like you pulled a lot of the important exterior stuff, were the door window handles shot?

Did it have a radio delete plate? What did the wingwindow rubber look like? Rear veiw mirror?

If the door trim was the narrow type, I need to know, I think Eric would pull it for me if I asked.

This is the type I am looking for.

DSCN0456.jpg

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0453.jpg

This is what it looks like next to the wider type.

DSCN0457.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

Craigslist ad:

Over 20 not wrecked, Z's,good drivetrains,bodys,chassis's and much more.817-988-6406

5Le5Na5F93F43Mb3J6c1m42158c83dd0f1465.jpg

5Fc5Mf5S13I63J33N6c1mf412bd991662171f.jpg

5I75G75H23Kb3La3o2c1mc97290758931110a.jpg

I've been here once or twice, back before I got my Z. This guy has LOTS of parts cars out there. I guess it's sort of like a wrecking yard, except I don't think any cars ever get crushed here, haha.

*quote wayno*

Was the fender trim you grabbed the 1/2 inch wide type, or is it the comman 1 inch wide type? *I believe it's the smaller/narrow trim. I'll check the pieces I grabbed during my lunch.

Sounds like you pulled a lot of the important exterior stuff, were the door window handles shot? * the ones to wind up the window? One was broken and I think I might have grabbed the other.

Did it have a radio delete plate? * No but the rest of the dash was there.

What did the wingwindow rubber look like?* i didnt check

Rear veiw mirror? *missing

If the door trim was the narrow type, I need to know, I think Eric would pull it for me if I asked.

Aww man. That's some broke ass faggotry right there. It's going to be picked over haphazardly, then the decent looking shell is just going to be crushed and shipped to china to make a clothes dryer.

Y would think some of these yards would piece these back together and flog em but they probably make more strippin em If they had shit like that around here id grab the whole thing.But somebody at least grab fenders,windshield, door stuff....ectwct...what a crime if this gets crushed.body and rocker wise it is in better shap than my runner.What about that vegas junkyard show they should grab it for futcher projects.....my back yard is also pretty full. I am sad.Den