What former car do you miss the most?

Ive been sitting here talking with my granddad and he got me to thinking about my old Sentra. It was my first car. It was a 1983 2dr, 1.6l with a 5sp. I think it pretty much had all options that you could get on one, power steering, ac, mirrors on both sides and am/fm/tape. Paid $350 for it and put over 100k on it before selling it my uncle that killed it. I got it back and fixed it, drove it from SC to TN where it died. Never could figure out what was wrong with it, i think it just gave up on life after more than 350k. It was one tough little car, i got it at the age of 15 and drove the piss out of it. Took it into mud, water that would be halfway up the tires, climbed hills with it, you name it, it did it. I really miss that car. Found a 1985 version on CL in NC, if i had the $600, i would buy it.

SENTRA.jpg

SENTR13.jpg

SENTR16.jpg

SENTR12.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are 4 that i miss. my 71 Lincoln Continental, 80 Buick Regal 2dr, 84 GMC Sierra Classic Suburban, and my 85 VW cabriolet. those are the 4 cars i miss the most. the cab never let me down except when mom fried the clutch on it. a few weeks later i TOTALED my suburban so i sold it to get our Cherokee. as for the buick and the lincoln. scrapped the Linc, and traded teh buick in on the cabriolet. oh well. ya live and learn. cant wait to get my 81 rabbit convert up and screaming again. i miss driving a 'vert.

I miss my 1980 Audi 5000 4 door. If I could have just figured out what was wrong with it. Sometimes it wouldnt start and it ocassionally died at stop lights and wouldnt start til it sat for an hour or so. It was a spacious 4 door,5 cylinder that rode like a compact caddy.

for me it i miss my old 1962 409 bubbletop belair ,after that it would be a 1959 rag top baja with a pinto 2.3 eng ,, both were fun cars the baja bug i have to see sometimes ,,third guy too get it after i sold it keeps tring to get me to work one it , hes imcompitant

I was thinking about posting a similar thread about the best, funnest car u ever drove (one that you actually owned) I thot of this when I borrowed my brother-in-laws car which used to be mine & remembered how awesome of a car it was to drive. The car: 82 Toyota Supra. Completely stock with the str8 6 and 5 speed. Smooth accelration comfortable and handled beautifully.:D

73 plymouth satalite. The first car my wife bought me.Man the good times we had in that car it had a 400 and it was fast lol we were drifting before it was drifting. I still have all the emblems for it lol. Man i hate to sell that car but kids come first

....he drove a Plymouth Satelite, faster than the speed of lite!:D

My '55 Pontiac I owned in the spring of 1989. Loved that car - 287 V8 with 2 speed "Strat-o-streak" automatic tranny, gangster whites.......got caught with a suspended license and it went away on the hook :(.

ao.jpg

al1.jpg

aj1.jpg

$900 car and every freakin' thing including the tube radio worked on it.

I also owned a '64 Dart tudor post from 1991-93 that I loved. It got killed by a LeBaron on the ice one morning.

bk1a.jpg

bk.jpg

I still kind of miss my '85 Grand Marquis Colony Park (the thing was a boat but got 20MPG). But I was never going to replace the wiring after toasting the whole main harness.

The Datsun I wish I never got rid of was my '76 B210 hatchback. I gave it to a friend.

I miss the '77 280Z but I don't miss having to fix something in the EFI system every 150 miles. If it wasn't the 200 mile ECUs, it was the 500 mile fuel pumps, the 600 mile fuel pump relays, the 700 mile Air Flow Meters, or the 1000 mile thermotime switches.

i miss my '86 ranger the most. it was my first vehicle i owned and drove. i bought it from my brother when he static dropped it about 5" and a month later the 2.0 burned up and i got ahold of a 2.3 turbo motor. while i had the motor out i decided to do a 4" bodydrop to it, shave it and put caddy tails on. i love mobbin around in it and was runnin 18psi of boost. all the time i had people asking me if it had bags or hydrualics and i would just say "naw its just fukin low". sellin that truck was the single biggest thing i regret doing now. i was 17 when i sold it

l_47d2b470da464ab2073eced7c8921aee.jpg

The rig I miss the most is the first 521 I ever owned, same green as Hainz's, mint dash not one crack!! nice paint very little rust... The funny part is skip ended up with it years later, the only problem was who ever owned it in-between beat the shit out of it, on top of that they left it outside with no front window!!! For a 521 it's still an nice truck but it was mint back then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

78 malibu wagon, 305/th350, baby poop yellow.went through so many sets of tires on that thing. it got me in tooo much trouble so we ended up running it in a small demo then drove it down the highway bout 10 miles to the junk yard. paid $200 for it after my daily 521 through a front drive line at 60mph. biggest expence(besides tires/insurance) having to put a new $38 timing set in and a heater core. i Reallly miss that thing. :(

moparfreak, none of your missed cars were mopars?

hey I had a 1980 Audi 5000 too. I don't miss it, parts for it was too expensive. But yes it was a great car in many ways.

audi5000.jpg

Mostly I miss my 1985 'baby LTD' police cruiser. Mustang EFI V8 running gear but handled better than a Mustang (I've owned three V8 Mustangs but don't miss them). I had the Michelin TRX tires, best performance rain tires of the 1980s. Did I mention V8 power and EFI?

85LTD.jpg

Next I miss my original 1972 Datsun 1200. It rusted out. It was a "happy car" -- it was happy about everything, smooth, reliable, tough, quiet, everything worked perfectly. My current 1200 is same year and color but somehow never seems quite as perfect.

ice1200.jpg

rust1200.jpg

Finally I miss my 1971 Plymouth Duster with manual brakes, steering and transmission. It was just a fun car to drive. And a good size. It was called a compact, but was about as big as today's mid-size cars.

1200duster.jpg

You can see the Duster parked behind the house...

Edited by ggzilla