4 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

It was around 1996 I started working for Texas A&M on thier research vessel. We did survey work with sidescan sonar and coring equipment. I was on the deck officer side so it wasn't my job but I did get to observe all kinds operations. We did get chartered by the navy to test minesweeping equipment and AUVs Automous Underwater Vehicles. Last summer was spent surveying off the east coast for windfarm installations. I was the Captain and with 24 persons onboard a 150ft boat the close quarters,personality issues and chronic technical problems I had had enough. Took a mates position on a ocean going tug. Regular rotation, more money, no stress.

And the whole time I assumed your user name meant you're a butt man. I didn't go to college right out of HS, so as an adventure I rode my 550cc motorcycle From San Diego to College Station. My cousin was in the Cadet Program for flight school at A&M. I stayed there for a few months working in a lumber yard, and gradually learned that TX was not as it was described. 

As a kid, someone else was always in charge, parents, teachers, older siblings, coaches, etc. Oh the thousands of times I thought that "If I were in charge life would be so much better." I've spent most of my working life fighting to be the one in charge, and gradually learned that being the boss wasn't what I had imagined. I found the more responsibilities I had the more I longed for no hierarchy of countless bosses, no employee issues, no competition for resources with other departments, no ignorant short sighted policies from corporate HQ. Life is so much better when it's just me doing the work I'm good at.

• Like 5
  • Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, john510 said:

Did anybody think it could get any easier to pick on a President ? Trump caught some flack,most of it unwarranted.Biden ? deserves every bit of it and more.

It's just sad that comedians won't make fun of him,even though

every other President was "Fair Game". 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Trump was not very... presidential. He was a dick.

.... but he got the job done. Maybe he was just lucky that gas was so cheap but I'd rather be lucky than good at something.

Well look who he had to work with (or against) He needed to be a dick and try to straighten some people out.It didn't work,they hated an outsider getting elected.Gas prices were cheap and stable,could only be luck.LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I voted for Trump. Can't stand Biden. Trump though had this amazing ability to alienate conservative allies while simultaneously nominating swamp creatures to positions of power.

Former NJ gov Chris Christie (pretty solid conservative and very DC politically saavy) helped get Trump elected but got pushed out by Jared Kushner on inauguration day because Christie had a hand in getting a whore-mongering relative of Kushner's locked up years prior. Trump stood by Kushner and gave the cold shoulder to Christie thus signalling to political junkies like myself that blood is thicker than competency to Trump.

I dunno - Trump meant well but there were a lot of missteps on his part too,

• Like 6
1 hour ago, angliagt said:

It's just sad that comedians won't make fun of him,even though

every other President was "Fair Game". 

He is obviously suffering from dementia. Shit that was obvious when he was campaigning. Teasing or making fun of someone with dementia is about on par with making fun of someone with down syndrome. I think that his family allowing the old perv to run is elder abuse. It was obvious he wasn't all there and there is no chance of things improving. He will be on the world stage to see his decline until he can't put a sentence together. He's there now and I am surprised he has lasted this long.

• Like 2

Yeah,but he's the PRESIDENT OF THE USA,not just some old man with dementia.

It's a total embarrassment to me,as a US citizen.That the people behind him allow

this is just plain sad.

I think that if Trump would have stayed off of social media,& kept his mouth-

shut,he might have gotten re-elected.

He was just crazy enough to scare our enemies into thinking he would act on

threats,rather than threatening without backing it up. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I voted for Trump. Can't stand Biden. Trump though had this amazing ability to alienate conservative allies while simultaneously nominating swamp creatures to positions of power.

Former NJ gov Chris Christie (pretty solid conservative and very DC politically saavy) helped get Trump elected but got pushed out by Jared Kushner on inauguration day because Christie had a hand in getting a whore-mongering relative of Kushner's locked up years prior. Trump stood by Kushner and gave the cold shoulder to Christie thus signalling to political junkies like myself that blood is thicker than competency to Trump.

I dunno - Trump meant well but there were a lot of missteps on his part too,

I detest Christie, can't stand him. If Trump butt fucked him and didn't give him a reach around I say, good!

When are you guys going to get it through your thick sculls? Trump, Biden, Howdy Doody makes no difference. The POTUS doesn't weald power, he distracts the publics attention away from those who do. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, paradime said:

When are you guys going to get it through your thick sculls? Trump, Biden, Howdy Doody makes no difference. The POTUS doesn't weald power, he distracts the publics attention away from those who do. 

They got a bonus with Biden. A mouthpiece that can't think for himself or fight back. I am guessing he will be there as long as he can still read a teleprompter.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, paradime said:

Musk and Gates' rogue AI set to thin the human herd.