Here's another, but I see this every 4-5 posts and am used to it. A slight dyslexia? Unlike Hainz's atrocious keyboarding.

22 hours ago, paradime said:

When are you guys going to get it through your thick sculls? Trump, Biden, Howdy Doody makes no difference. The POTUS doesn't weald power, he distracts the publics attention away from those who do. 

weald... a wild or uncultivated usually upland region

wield... hold and use (a weapon or tool)

publics is just overlooked punctuation

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wayno said:

Making fun of paradime's post that way, well you are losing my respect more every day, you should stick to Datsun stuff.

I don't believe he is making fun of him based on what I see and occasionally do myself. He is merely correcting him on the correct wording. I do agree with paradime that the President is mainly a puppet.

• Like 1

It's  something we all have. A quirk perhaps, a blind spot and no ill will intended. I have a slip of paper with the definition of lose and loose on it under my monitor. I seem to use either. Can't seem to use it correctly. I've noticed I often type buy for by but catch it in re-reading.  

6 hours ago, wayno said:

Making fun of paradime's post that way, well you are losing my respect more every day, you should stick to Datsun stuff.

I wasn't and your post does you no credit.

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Here's another, but I see this every 4-5 posts and am used to it. A slight dyslexia? Unlike Hainz's atrocious keyboarding.

weald... a wild or uncultivated usually upland region

wield... hold and use (a weapon or tool)

publics is just overlooked punctuation

Ahh, but you missed skull vs. scull.

Now, perhaps a scull can be used to educate or influence a thick skull...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Trump, Biden makes no difference?  I respectfully disagree.

Trump came in and started changing stuff.  He immediately got rid of the T.P.P.  China was so worried about what he might do, they invoted him for a state dinner at the "Forbidden City".  This had never been done before in China's history!

The reason the "Dark state" went after him so hard, is because he couldn't be bought off, and they couldn't control him!

To say that Trump or Biden makes no difference doesn't pass inspection.  In the last year and a half everything has gone to hell.  He ruined our relationship with Saudi Arabia.  Trump had all of those Arab states signing agreement pacts with Israel!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jbirds510 said:

Been looking to move, looking to buy a place. Ive got my eye on a house, 500K. last week the payment would have been 3000. this week, 3700....gas has doubled. mortgage costs doubled, food up exponentially and yet 4 of 10 people think he's doing a good job. what am I missing? 

I got in just in time...hopefully don't go underwater, but the house wasn't crazy expensive either way, so oh well

• Like 1
11 hours ago, wayno said:

It's all good, Mike was just backing up John510 with their Destruction Special Ops Spell Check Patrol. 😆 I gave my old laptop to my Dad and I've been setting up a new home computer. When the dictation software isn't set up John and Mike always fill in. No harm no foul.

Losing my vision doesn't help, but as these guys will attest, my creative relationship with the English language has been a constant feature my entire life. Dyslexia is a much maligned, over diagnosed, deeply misunderstood audio visual processing disorder. For me it means my brain relates to written language in a fluid improvisational manor rather than a specific linear format like "normal people". Spelling corectlie <(note sarcasm font) definitely has its benefits, but this funky little non-linear "quirk" of mine has its own creative and intellectual advantages. I'm good with this Miles Davis writing style, but it's always been a point of intrigue for folks suffering from English Teacher Induced PTSD.

• Like 1

Enraged Keith Olbermann calls for Supreme Court's dissolution after New York concealed carry ruling

Olbermann also blasts Justice Amy Coney Barrett as a 'paralegal' after Supreme Court gun ruling

https://www.foxnews.com/media/enraged-keith-olbermann-calls-supreme-courts-dissolution-after-new-york-concealed-carry-ruling

Edited by Jesse C.

Olbermann is still around? POS

Good call by the SCOTUS but I still have an issue with it being before the courts,

"You seem ... to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy... The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal." --Thomas Jefferson, 1820

Also,

The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)]

Edited by Fetch
  • Like 1

Yes, Biden Is Hiding His Plan To Rig The 2022 Midterm Elections

What We Know

While the White House and agencies are steadfastly refusing to share details about how they’re complying with the executive order, who they met with to develop their plans, or how they’re justifying their involvement in something Congress has not authorized them to participate in, some details are trickling out. Here are a few examples of the widespread and coordinated effort by Biden’s political appointees to meddle in the state administration of elections.

• In the midst of a labor crisis, the Department of Labor boasted that it was turning 2,300 American Job Centers previously focused on helping displaced workers find jobs into hubs of political activism. These new federally funded voter registration agencies were given guidance about how to bring in organizations to conduct “voter outreach.”
  • The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services likewise announced plans to turn community health centers into voter registration agencies, using thousands of health care facilities to focus on voter registration and turnout.
  • The Housing and Urban Development Department sent notice to public housing authorities that they should begin voter registration drives and participation activities. Previously, officials had been barred from electoral activities because they receive federal funding.
  • “It is presumed residents of public housing might disproportionately vote Democrat. … The executive order targets people receiving government benefits who might think their benefits depend on one party in power,” Stewart Whitson, legal director for the Foundation for Government Accountability, told the Daily Signal.
  • The Department of Education sent “dear colleague” letters to universities, telling them that Federal Work Study funds could now be used to support voter registration activities, contrary to previous guidance. The change was made without having gone through any rulemaking process to allow the change.
  • The U.S. Department of Agriculture said it’s using its child nutrition programs to push voter registration and enlisting state, local, and federally funded employees to implement voter registration drives in local schools.
  • The Commerce Department produced a massive, 113-page report which likely took four agency officials many hours to generate. It directs local voting board members about polling stations and poll worker training.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/23/yes-biden-is-hiding-his-plan-to-rig-the-2022-midterm-elections/

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country; but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms shall be compelled to render military service in person."

It's funny to me how clear the intentions are when you look at the early drafts of the second amendment.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Olbermann is still around? POS

Good call by the SCOTUS but I still have an issue with it being before the courts,

"You seem ... to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy... The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal." --Thomas Jefferson, 1820

I get what you're saying, but you seem to have chopped up and taken Jeffersons words to Jarvis out of context to make the point. IMO the content of their conversation is far more important than a tag line.

"the constitution, in keeping the three departments distinct & independant, restrains the authority of the judges to judiciary organs, as it does the executive & legislative, to executive and legislative organs. the judges certainly have more frequent occasion to act on constitutional questions, because the laws of meum & teum, and of criminal action, forming the great mass of the system of law, constitute their particular department. when the legislative or executive functionaries act unconstitutionally, they are responsible to the people in their elective capacity. the exemption of the judges from that is quite dangerous enough. I know no  safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society, but the people themselves: and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their controul with a wholsome discretion, the remedy is, not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. this is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power. Pardon me, Sir, for this difference of opinion. my personal interest in such questions is entirely extinct; but not my wishes for the longest possible continuance of our government on it’s pure principles. if the three powers maintain their mutual independance on each other, it may last long: but not so if either can assume the authoritie’s of the other."

Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media: This book speaks to the highlighted portion and Jefferson's fear oligarchic power in the context of the modern US Government for and by the Corporation. 

6 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

Been looking to move, looking to buy a place. Ive got my eye on a house, 500K. last week the payment would have been 3000. this week, 3700....gas has doubled. mortgage costs doubled, food up exponentially and yet 4 of 10 people think he's doing a good job. what am I missing? 

4 out of 10 are just embarrassed to admit how dumb they were when they voted.I know plenty of those people.They will no longer engage in political talk.

5 hours ago, AtoZ said:

Trump, Biden makes no difference?  I respectfully disagree.

Trump came in and started changing stuff.  He immediately got rid of the T.P.P.  China was so worried about what he might do, they invoted him for a state dinner at the "Forbidden City".  This had never been done before in China's history!

The reason the "Dark state" went after him so hard, is because he couldn't be bought off, and they couldn't control him!

To say that Trump or Biden makes no difference doesn't pass inspection.  In the last year and a half everything has gone to hell.  He ruined our relationship with Saudi Arabia.  Trump had all of those Arab states signing agreement pacts with Israel!

Easy there,you might hurt somebody's feelings pointing out truth like that.