Covid-19 Prepared?

"Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason"

-Robin Williams (maybe paraphrased)

I know this isn't the place for it, but I just could not resist. I apologize in advance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

further keeping everything shutdown is not a logical course of action with regard to the disease, unless you are using this for political gain.

THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT 

the dems looking for a way to look better than the republicans 

Lets see.... you keep it shut down so you look bad. No, wait... you keep it shut down so your opponent looks bad. Wait, that makes no sense.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Lets see.... you keep it shut down so you look bad. No, wait... you keep it shut down so your opponent looks bad. Wait, that makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense,the target is one individual.Only one.

• Like 4

Your rival enacts a measure that turns out to be just wrong and universally opposed by everyone including your rival's supporters, but when everyone gets together and tries to strike it down you step in drag your feet and lobby to support it????? Sort of like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Wait, that makes no sense.

Still

• Like 2

Arguing this any further would require discussion that is frowned upon here.Again the target is ONE individual,that individual is the only one that has anything to lose.The others have nothing to lose,they lost several years ago and have been losing ever since.

• Like 6

I would call the individual their obsession, he is not one of them and cannot be bought as he don't need their money, they will destroy this country if he is re-elected, this whatever you want to call it is their way of giving us a taste of the future, you think having a hard time getting toilet paper is a bitch, wait till it is hard to get food, this is their way of saying FUCK YOU, we tried to get rid of him, let him feed you now.

This lock down shit started in Blue states, this is completely and totally political, it is a Plandemic, they didn't give a rats ass about the 98,000 people that died the last two flu seasons.

I hope it don't came down to this scenario above, but it appears that we are on our way down that road, and an ugly road it is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, wayno said:

I would call the individual their obsession, he is not one of them and cannot be bought as he don't need their money, they will destroy this country if he is re-elected, this whatever you want to call it is their way of giving us a taste of the future, you think having a hard time getting toilet paper is a bitch, wait till it is hard to get food, this is their way of saying FUCK YOU, we tried to get rid of him, let him feed you now.

This lock down shit started in Blue states, this is completely and totally political, it is a Plandemic, they didn't give a rats ass about the 98,000 people that died the last two flu seasons.

I hope it don't came down to this scenario above, but it appears that we are on our way down that road, and an ugly road it is. 

wasn't trying to start a political argument but wayno is also 100% correct 

one group doesn't care about how much we lose as long as they win 

one individual in my opinion has the good of the country in mind doesn't need to get paid and will fight for the good of the people till he either runs out of elected time or is voted out 

these views are all opinions but due to the circumstances at hand  looking like political moves at this point 

• Like 5

The concern over flu deaths at around 50,000 a year? Right up there with auto accident deaths of about the same per year. You could make everyone take a flu shot or wear seat belts and drive responsibly but people don't like to be told what to do so.... business as usual, America's Got Talent is on if five, gimme a beer.

Could be the death of America or the start of the downward spiral. No empire in history has lasted more than about 250 years.... most are just decades. At 244 and counting another 4 years aught to do it.

SJ+Glubb_Fate+of+Empires.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The concern over flu deaths at around 50,000 a year? Right up there with auto accident deaths of about the same per year. You could make everyone take a flu shot or wear seat belts and drive responsibly but people don't like to be told what to do so.... business as usual, America's Got Talent is on if five, gimme a beer.

Could be the death of America or the start of the downward spiral. No empire in history has lasted more than about 250 years.... most are just decades. At 244 and counting another 4 years aught to do it.

SJ+Glubb_Fate+of+Empires.png

Britain is still an empire. So what is the criteria for being and Empire and what constitutes no longer being one?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Block people from working. Saddle everyone with debt. Give out "relief" money and eventually "basic income" to make people entirely dependent on handouts. People elect & continue to elect party that promises continued handouts.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Mattndew76 said:

Britain is still an empire. So what is the criteria for being and Empire and what constitutes no longer being one?

Yeah,that's why i was asking what happened to Great Britain in 1950.They still are one of the most important countries on the planet,powerful also.Technically they're well past 300 years of an empire.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Block people from working. Saddle everyone with debt. Give out "relief" money and eventually "basic income" to make people entirely dependent on handouts. People elect & continue to elect party that promises continued handouts.

Then you bleed every last cent out of the "rich" to pay for it all..... until that runs out and everyone starves (except the ones running the government, they'll be ok). Ala Venezuela.  

In reality i dont think any government is going to come out of this with out them having made the wrong decision,  it wont matter what the decision was it will be wrong, and all the politicians will continue to push whatever agenda thier financial, religous, etc backers require. The circle of life continues.... yay. 

• Like 4

Britain was almost finished at the end of WW2 when basically the US, on the rise for close to 200 years took over completely.  All it's former colonies have broken away amicably for sure, even Scotland is seeking independence. It no longer 'rules the waves' and barely could fight off Argentina back in the '80s. I think the final straw was the Suez crisis of the mid 50s when the US told her to 'go home' we'll look after this. 

4 hours ago, john510 said:

What happened to Great Britain in 1950 ? 

3 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

No. Only Bermuda, the Falklands and Gibraltar and still under British rule. All others are mere territories and  members of the commonwealth of nations. Canada would be a good example. Christ even Scotland is near independence from Britain.

2 hours ago, john510 said:

Yeah,that's why i was asking what happened to Great Britain in 1950.They still are one of the most important countries on the planet,powerful also.Technically they're well past 300 years of an empire.

The Suez Crisis I remember this. Egypt nationalized the canal and Great Britain, France and Israel invaded to protect this vital waterway to the gulf oil and what little was left of it's empire.. US told them not to and then forced them into a cease fire withing 10? days. Britain was humiliated and sent packing. It never recovered.

Mike you can delete this if this strays to far into that which may not be talked about, but this is a real image from the site on the image. I actually checked to see if it was a photoshop, it is not. This is really what one political party is saying. Continuing this helps one certain political party against one person they really don't like. 

Also, if you look at which states and Governors want to push for continued lockdowns it is surprisingly one sided for one specific political party. THAT is why this continues- power. They want to keep their candidate who can barely speak out of the public eye, they want mail-in ballots everywhere, they want people desperate for gov't assistance as they have no livelihood. The longer the lockdown continues the better one political party ends up.

Actual source, not satire, this is real. ?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/photos/a.347907068635687/3755840941175599/?type=3&theater

6Bf7NQi.png

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

Mike you can delete this if this strays to far into that which may not be talked about, but this is a real image from the site on the image. I actually checked to see if it was a photoshop, it is not. This is really what one political party is saying. Continuing this helps one certain political party against one person they really don't like. 

Also, if you look at which states and Governors want to push for continued lockdowns it is surprisingly one sided for one specific political party. THAT is why this continues- power. They want to keep their candidate who can barely speak out of the public eye, they want mail-in ballots everywhere, they want people desperate for gov't assistance as they have no livelihood. The longer the lockdown continues the better one political party ends up.

Actual source, not satire, this is real. ?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/photos/a.347907068635687/3755840941175599/?type=3&theater

6Bf7NQi.png

and this is the problem 

stupid people will only see the numbers and not give a shit or even corelate what happened to cause it 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Ranman72 said:

and this is the problem 

stupid people will only see the numbers and not give a shit or even corelate what happened to cause it 

I posted it because it is the most disingenuous tone deaf piece of dreck I've seen in a long time. 

And now a certain political party has the new "FDR" plan which will extend the recession, lead to massive inflation, and is a blatant attempt to buy votes. 

As I said a certain political party wants this to continue and people to be afraid because it helps secure their power which has been slipping through their fingers as their party disintegrates.

While I don't want to dive into politics it is becoming obvious that it is driving the current reaction to COVID-19, as some will never let a good tragedy go to waste to enhance their power. I'm not sure you can have an honest discussion about the virus without it becoming about the politics involved at some point.

But I think for now we should put this to rest as not too piss Mike off too much.

• Like 4

FYI it's not just some states in the US that are under lock-down still, Italy and many other countries still have lock-down orders to keep the spread down. 

Stuff like this is going on outside of our bubble:

The closure of cafes and restaurants in Rome due to the coronavirus outbreak means seagulls have had to change their habits and start eating rats, zoologists claim.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/seagulls-eat-rats-coronavirus-lockdown-a4430881.html

Edited by BrothersGarage