Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While my truck has been at the body shop . . . and my engine has been at the engine shop . . .

I've been working on detailing the few engine parts I have at my shop . . .

Here is a taste of what you'll see under the hood of the MX520! :P

520109.jpg

520110.jpg

What do you think? :huh:

What do you think? :huh:

and bring a few rags to wipe up the drool :lol:

bring more towels........... :o

Iv said it a million times already but I cant wait to see your truck at Canby :lol:

Flippin sweet Bob! Now engrave a japanese dragon down the center of that black manifold! Something like this would be sweet! (But more stretched out and skinny!):D

Dragon2.jpg

Flippin sweet Bob! Now engrave a japanese dragon down that manifold! :D

I'll need you to do that Fisch!

How about this winter I'll send it to you and you can do your thing and mail it back? :hyper:

bring more towels........... :o

Iv said it a million times already but I cant wait to see your truck at Canby :lol:

Thanks Skib! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Nice, and I will send you my entire 1959 Datsun to work your magic on!! :hyper:

In all serious though, that image I sent has the Kanji writing for 'dragon' on it. Got me thinking... that alone sanded through the black on that manifold would be pretty hot! After all, I've heard the color of your truck called Dragon Green before I think. And if there ever were a truck that could be called a dragon, it would be yours! And this is a mod you could do very easily! (Unless that is powdercoat?)

Here is a link to a few more Kangi for cool things!

Kook Kanji

Look what came in the mail today! I ordered two, the other one is on back order.

520120.jpg

A few teaser pics of the reassembly. :P

520117.jpg

520121.jpg

More to come . . . .

Don't paint anything else....

Just get it ready for canby ASAP

I agree! I'm getting nervous . . . I plan to leave for Canby in 26 days! :unsure: :sweat:

The brakes are done, wiring harness & ECU are in, suspension is done (just need an alignment) and the doors are hung (but they are still gutted).

My "To Do" list is . . . LONG!

Here's where I am tonight.

520122.jpg

520123.jpg

520124.jpg

That paint turned out beautiful Bob! Looks real close to the original color. Hope you get to drive it to Canby.

Thanks Charlie. I won't drive it to Canby, I'll drive it at Canby. There is no way to fit myself, wife and twin sons in that little truck! :P We will be there though.

I hope to see you there.

Thanks Charlie. I won't drive it to Canby, I'll drive it at Canby. There is no way to fit myself, wife and twin sons in that little truck! :P We will be there though.

I hope to see you there.

What? No Subaru Brat style jump seats in the bed?

I regret not being able to make it to Canby this year, mainly because it may be my only chance to see this truck in the flesh.

I think its rude to ask... But will anyways. How much was it for that paint job and also the whole build. Thank you.

I've been married for over twenty years. During this time I've raced cars and raised twin sons all the while keeping my beautiful wife happy. The one thing I've learned to make it all work is to not keep receipts and not ask "how much did that cost"!

Honestly, I don't know what I've sunk into the MX520 as far as cash, but the time is massive. The other part of a good marriage is your spouse allowing you the time to "relax in the shop".

The paint job is amazing and it cost about ten to twelve times what I bought the truck for! :blush: So . . . you do the math. ;)

• Like 2

I hope to see you there.

Where is your sense of adventure There is even enough room in the bed besides your 2 sons for a dog! :rofl:

I hope to see you there.

Hey Bob, that is a long drive. I have taken my wife and 4 kids in the back of my truck with canopy on 11 hour trips(11 hours each way). Loaded with kids, food, blankets, tents, blah blah. Let me tell you what. I love my truck, but never again. Did that trip 4-5 times lol. Got a 510 wagon, good for long trips now :D