Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that your project is what most of us would do if we had; unlimited time, know-how, skills, creativity, and funds...

...a car guys' wet dream. I sometimes forget to comment when i'm looking at new progress because I'm so in awe.

Fucking awesome. (apologies for the fbomb, but I just said it outloud too!)

• Like 1

:wub: :thumbup: :frantics:

Sweet!!! An amazing transformation. Well done bro!

Hey Bob...a couple questions

1. Are you still gonna make it to Canby? B)

2. Did the motor get a sufficient break-in time prior to the rally action at Canby if you do go?

3. Estimated HP developed by new engine?

4. Final rim/wheel/tire thoughts?

Talk to you soon

Bob, you have something to be proud of, it is by far the nicest 521 I have ever seen. I want to talk to you in person before you start on the 620, I have some info you might be interested in before you make any final decisions on drivetrain. :cool:

1966 520 (MX520) not 521 ;)

520/521 whatever it is it's one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I know it's a big deal between a 520 & 521 just givin ya chit Bob.

One of my miata auto X buddies was at my shop the other day and I told him about your project. When I showed him the pic's he about craped himself. :lol:

Wow, what an amazing truck. i also just noticed you are in colorado! i love it when amazing projects like this are local, it means i have a chance to see it in person!

I doubt anyone would argue, but we need some action shots now that it is "done". (i need a new wallpaper for my computer! :poke: )

OK Bob, Don't make us wait too long, how did things go today? I'm pooped after all the walking and drooling today, Took lot's of photos, one car was right up your alley, a BMW Isetta, with a Suzuki 1100cc motorcycle engine for power. I have no idea where the guy got the trick wheels and tires in that size to fit it, but it has got to be a blast to drive with about 4 times the stock power! thumbup.gif

Hey bob you should keep the hood closed at races and tell the guys you beat its stock and they just suck lol. So are you going to be at canby cuz I would like to shake your hand on a project well done

Hey bob you should keep the hood closed at races and tell the guys you beat its stock and they just suck lol. So are you going to be at canby cuz I would like to shake your hand on a project well done

I'm sorry to announce that I won't be going to Canby this year. It's been a big push to get the MX520 done and I'm so close. The tailgate is still not done and my second seat is still back-ordered. I can't find my hood latch anywhere, but the big problem is work. I'm slammed at the track and I just need to budget my time better.

I will get it done soon and I will get it out to some local shows and track events. I will post some more pictures soon.

Sorry guys! :(

Man that really sucks Bob! I'm sorry to hear that! Lots of work, lots of time and lots of investment have all really paid off though. What you have created is one beautiful machine man!

This way by the time it hits Canby next year...maybe a couple other guys can get their butts in gear :blink: to make the trip with you :rolleyes:

See you soon!