Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it gets paint next week. I am still trying to decide on a color. I'm leaning towards a gray/green or a dove gray/bluish. It will be a game time call! :huh: I went by there today and took a few pics.

620036.jpg

620037.jpg

620038.jpg

I agree. Keep it close to the stock green. Nothing flashy, you gotta keep the sleeperness about it. Definitely keep it a solid color though, IMO metallics, pearls, etc don't look right on older cars (there are a few exceptions though).

I agree. Keep it close to the stock green. Nothing flashy, you gotta keep the sleeperness about it. Definitely keep it a solid color though, IMO metallics, pearls, etc don't look right on older cars (there are a few exceptions though).

It will be close to the original color and there will be NO metallic paint, solid color only.

It get's shot tomorrow! :hyper: :P :D :lol: :thumbup:

After looking at the above pic of the color . . . it looks WAY greener in the pic than it actually is, there is a lot more gray in it.

After looking at the above pic of the color . . . it looks WAY greener in the pic than it actually is, there is a lot more gray in it.

Yeah, it looks kinda mint ice cream colored in the picture. I can't wait to see the rest!

Looks like Sea foam green in the photo.

I stopped by there on my way to work this morning. It did look like sea foam green. I hated it! I picked a new color and it is final! They are painting it today. I'll stop be on my way home and get a few pics.

Later . . . :cool:

OK - OK - OK . . . .

This IS the color!

I kept trying to go away from the original color (lighter, brighter, greener, grayer, better . . .) and the farther I went away from it the more it drew me back.

I love the new color, it is a little grayer and it is not metallic, it is a solid color!

Here are two pictures of the FINAL color, one pic taken in the booth and one pic taken outside the booth. It's crazy how different they look, the new color is some where in between!

520056.jpg

520057.jpg

More soon . . . . .

I hope to have all of the pieces painted and home Friday! (I hope - I hope - I hope) :unsure:

Wow that's weird the top pic looks green and the bottom looks tan. And I'm sure it will look even better out in the sun.

This has been driving me CRAZY for three days! :blink:

Nice. It probably has some to do with the all florescent lighting in the booth. You could try changing your camera mode to an indoor lighting mode.

That is a good point. I had no idea how hard it was going to be to pick a color for the MX520. That is a lot of pressure! :wacko: