Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE the new paint bob....

for those of you who have been simply following along in this thread... i can tell you the truck is JUST as much fun (probably more) in person as it is in the pics... bob took me for a few laps around the track in it a while back and all i can say is WOW!

Never noticed the "strut-bar" in the bed before.

That is a bracket for the bed cover. There is no need for a rear strut bar, the bed itself does that. I am working on a front strut bar though! ;)

How goes the oil pump saga? :blink:

Dang man...sucks to have come this far only to be held up.

I got the motor back tonight! My boys are racing this weekend so I'll put it in on Monday. Sorry, I'm going to have to miss the show at your church. So it looks like the unveiling will be at Canby!

I want to get a 510 and do a full chassis rebuild and everything just like this 520, but seeing how long it took on your own, I wanted to ask you Bob what it would cost in labor alone (guessish) to do this as I work way to much and this would take me 3 years :-P I'd like to pop it out in 6 months to a year. With parts and everything, we are look upwards of $40g right?

Bob, It's beautiful, except those headers need to go to Jet Hot! If you don't have enough time to make it to make it to Canby, you could always go to Good Guys in Loveland. They have an autocross on Fri. and Sat. Then there is Pueblo the end of the month, two great shows. Wish you would answer my question tho.:confused:

Bob, It's beautiful, except those headers need to go to Jet Hot!

Those are the stock headers. I have a nice set but I need to modify them to fit. Just not enough time! :cool: