Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

KBPI car show is this sunday. The shop is planning on bringing out a 620 and a Body dropped 4 door blazer.

So much for the "Car Show", ended up being a "Rain Show".ohmy.gif The Seattle boys sent us there weather for the whole weekend. sad.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - I need some advice on my tailgate "DATSUN" letters.

1 - Truck color

2 - White (stickers installed, can be changed)

3 - Or should I try black? If so, Gloss or Flat?

:huh: :blink: :cool:

520183.jpg

520186.jpg

520184.jpg

520185.jpg

520189.jpg

New license plate frame with light!

520192.jpg

What do you think?

btw - Sorry I missed Canby! :(

that white sticker color is sweet, i think it makes the truck look a little more its age. (you have made it look very new). i think gloss black would be subtle as well but not as subtle as the body color... BTW very nice truck very nice build very nice shop, im jealous

Truck color, then white, then, it's your truck and you can see it in person and make the best choice.

Way cool truck BTW, been watching this thread from the start.

If those brake/turn lights are functional, what are they from/where did you get them?

Hey Bob,

If you want an opinion from me, I would go black lettering to accent the other black accessories on the 520. However, as it has been mentioned several times... MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!! LOL

Thanks for all the votes!

I'm going white for now. I agree that the black wheels would work with best with black letters and I love the way black wheels look on this truck. I'm about to order a set of custom Panasport wheels in silver. I want a more "vintage" looking wheel set. When I get the new wheels installed I'll see what I think of silver wheels and the white letters.

Truck color, then white, then, it's your truck and you can see it in person and make the best choice.

Way cool truck BTW, been watching this thread from the start.

If those brake/turn lights are functional, what are they from/where did you get them?

I ordered those brake/turn signal lights on ebay. They came from a company in Australia and cost around $60.00 if I remember correctly. I don't think I like them anymore. I want a more "vintage" looking tail light.

We'll see . . . B)

I'm going white for now. I agree that the black wheels would work with best with black letters and I love the way black wheels look on this truck. I'm about to order a set of custom Panasport wheels in silver. I want a more "vintage" looking wheel set. When I get the new wheels installed I'll see what I think of silver wheels and the white letters.

I ordered those brake/turn signal lights on ebay. They came from a company in Australia and cost around $60.00 if I remember correctly. I don't think I like them anymore. I want a more "vintage" looking tail light.

We'll see . . . B)

Bob HELLO? Silver wheels = silver letters, just my opinion. cool.gif

White letters are more clasic looking and they are gonna match the light silver of the Panasports reeeeealll nice! :D

Im loving the tailgate letters.....but not diggin the lights. :huh: <_<

Just sayin'. :cool:

White letters are more clasic looking and they are gonna match the light silver of the Panasports reeeeealll nice! :D

Im loving the tailgate letters.....but not diggin the lights. :huh: <_<

Just sayin'. :cool:

I'm with ya Denveratsun, I HATE the tail lights. I'm shopping for a more vintage looking light set now. I'm thinking about installing a new set of 620 tail lights. What do you think of that?

Also, if anyone can help me find a new set of stainless steel wiper arms I would be grateful! :D

We'll see . . . B)

where did you find 6 lug panasports?huh.gif

it would appear that he is onlt four lug, ill bet its the same lug pattern as a mazda.... i could be wrong thoughunsure.gifbiggrin.gif

on another note

btw - Sorry I missed Canby! :(

i would have really loved to see your truck there, i think there was only one other 520, it was babyblue and had some extreme fat tires on the back

where did you find 6 lug panasports?huh.gif

The MX520 is 4x100 Miata bolt pattern.

I took the MX520 to it's first car show today. It was the only Japanese car there. I didn't win anything, but the American car fans were quite curious about that little truck!

520193.jpg

520195.jpg

520200.jpg

520202.jpg

520207.jpg

520206.jpg

520205.jpg

520196.jpg

520204.jpg

I picked up a rear view mirror at the Pull-&-pay from a 1960 Dodge truck. I cleaned it and painted the bracket.

520197.jpg

520199.jpg

sweet :lol:

Canby 2011 or bust!!!

Boy I sure hope so!

When I got home I took this pic...

520209.jpg

Happy fathers day to all of the dads out there! ;)