Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

Nope - my little brother is an electrician. He said he would need to add some kind of converter or something? My shop has 2 phase 220.

All I know is this thing is tooo cool!

I'm guessing that he will suggest a rotary converter....they're more expensive, but much more efficient. Actually....he should just hook you up with a VFD, then you can do the variable speed from the motor control instead of the belts.

...ahhhhh....one of these days!! :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, I'm sooo jealous, you have all the neat toys that I thought I would have by this time in my life. If only I hadn't had so many bad breaks in life, but I keep trying, so maybe sometime in the future I might have a shop like yours, but at 61, I don't have a lot of years left to enjoy it. Are there any more autocrosses left this year? If I can scrape up the money for tires for the new wheels I bought for my Lexus, I want to play with it before the snow flies. If you need some one to operate that new mill for you I'll volunteer if I can use it for making some of my own parts! LOL!!! :P:hyper:

Well - I picked a spot for my Bridgeport to live. I just need my little brother to come over and wire it up. :thumbup:

Bridgeport12.jpg

Bridgeport10.jpg

Bridgeport13.jpg

My wife asked me "what do you think the first thing you make will be?"

I said "a mistake." :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

:thumbup: :w00t: :hyper: :D :P

US 220v is single phase "split phase"...center tapped at the transformer from the main high voltage line to give you 180 degree opposite 110v phases. Put em together and you get 220v single phase. Sounds like a rotary converter is what you need :P

This is what I read in your post "ncos hhhye aaioofgs jvi h duyie sivhdi f cjsjv d b bvlujrubv v bjsbn jsjnKNDCO SAHKJDNVU NS"

You need a rotary converter.

LOL - Thanks! :D

I would say, according to your signature... YOU ARE WINNING. If you had any idea of how jealous I am of your garage... Seriously, every time someone asks me "what would you do if money was no object?" I essentially describe your garage. You just watch out, because when I win the lotto, you will have some competition in this race to the death!

:fu: :crying: :thumbup:

Just read the whole thread from start to finish and all I have to say is OH MY GOD!!!!! Congrats on an amazing build. I hope you have as much fun driving it as we all did watching you build it. I cant wait for the next project, I know it will be just as beautiful.

Josh

This is what I read in your post "ncos hhhye aaioofgs jvi h duyie sivhdi f cjsjv d b bvlujrubv v bjsbn jsjnKNDCO SAHKJDNVU NS"

You need a rotary converter.

LOL - Thanks! :D

That was a good one.

Bob let me know if ya need any tooling for the new mill. I might have some old stuff at my shop.

Hey there Bob, I'm sure that you could make a platform 3 or 4 steps up and 90 degree the steps and add a rail, and find a new home for the bicycle pump and flywheels, don't let them scare you, there just jealous, like me. What I would give for a dry, shady, and warm place(depending on the season), to work on my projects year round. That was funny,:lol: the first thing you were going to make, but toys are fun, they intertain you, and sometimes......you learn something that you can't beleave while using them. wayno

Bridgeport10.jpg

WOW = 100,000 + VIEWS ! ! !

My wife asked me "what do you think the first thing you make will be?"

I said "a mistake."

100,000 + views is pretty cool, but I'm not surprised, you have a very cool truck and an awesome thread. This build is a great example of a well thought-out project.

I really did laugh out loud when I read the first thing you are going to make, too funny!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey "Bob3", your truck must fly with that engine. Congratulations your 520 is an inspiration, keep improving it!!!

Thanks - I took the wife for a cruz in it yesterday. It's a blast to drive. She was surprised to see how many people give you thumbs-up! :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...