Bob3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today starts Dis-Assembly!

I'm taking it apart to finish up the "this's and that's" to get it ready to go in for paint. I will have it delivered to my buddies Black & White Paint & Body by the end of next week! Canby is calling! :D

i love your 520...

where do u get most of your parts (do u just try to get luck like me on ebay and craigslist or do u know a place?)

keep up the amazing work not too many single headlight 520's left

i love your 520...

where do u get most of your parts (do u just try to get luck like me on ebay and craigslist or do u know a place?)

keep up the amazing work not too many single headlight 520's left

Thanks!

I'm like you, I'm an ebay / craigslist junkie! :w00t:

Just finished reading every single page of this thread, Bob. Wow. Words just cannot express how awesome that truck is. Also just wanted to say thanks for sharing this project in such detail with me and everyone here. Although I have nowhere near the expertise you seem to have, this build is just inspiring to me. My truck got stolen shortly after buying it, and I never expected to see it again. I figured it was probably somewhere in East L.A. with a lawnmower sitting in the back of it. Well long story short, it fell back into my lap about 2-1/2 YEARS later, and I'm now kicking around ideas and strategies on how to best treat this project.

Just finished reading every single page of this thread, Bob. Wow. Words just cannot express how awesome that truck is. Also just wanted to say thanks for sharing this project in such detail with me and everyone here.

Thanks Calvin 520!

Here's what my boys & I did to the MX520 tonight.

MX520039.jpg

MX520040.jpg

MX520041.jpg

MX520042.jpg

MX520043.jpg

MX520044.jpg

MX520045.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have three 1.6 motor/trans combos to choose from for the MX520. I loaded one up and used my sweet delivery truck to get it to the engine shop. :P

620012.jpg

620013.jpg

620014.jpg

is this your own personal shop?? or do you run a buisness out of this? cuz damn look at all them tires in the second to last pic!!!

The last two pics were taken at my buddy's shop. That shop runs a business out of it and they do my engine work.

This is my shop at home.

620011.jpg

OH! That explains it. I was thinking they were two new angles of your shop....I was trying to figure out the floor plan! I'd give my left nut for either shop :) ....heck...make it both...it's not like I need them anymore :(

:lol: cant wait to see this thing at Canby this year, I was talking to Ron (RTz here and on hybridZ) and he'll be stoked to check it out at the auto-x too.

(he built a 510 with SR20det and grafted in complete BMW M3 front suspension thats on here)

Skib - I too am so excited for Canby! I already have a hotel reserved, I've registered for the auto-x and the event itself. I have already purchased some parts I'm picking up there and I've set it up with Mike (mklotz70)to leave my trailer at his place for a few days. I hope I can make it through the event without buying another Datto! I don't know? I've looked through the past event pics and I saw some for sale that I'd like to have! :P The problem I will have is remembering everyone's names. The coolest part for me is that my wife is looking forward to the trip!

Skib - I too am so excited for Canby! I already have a hotel reserved, I've registered for the auto-x and the event itself. I have already purchased some parts I'm picking up there and I've set it up with Mike (mklotz70)to leave my trailer at his place for a few days. I hope I can make it through the event without buying another Datto! I don't know? I've looked through the past event pics and I saw some for sale that I'd like to have! :P The problem I will have is remembering everyone's names. The coolest part for me is that my wife is looking forward to the trip!

this years going to be really good :D feel free to drop by my camp and grab a burger an beer with us

hi bob,what kind of side mirrors and wheels are you using on the blue truck? very nizeeee!! truck

• 2 weeks later...