Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i so want to have that setup in my truck :)

i have been watching since the start of this project... and wishing i had a shop to work in so that i could do this suspension upgrade...

good work... keep it up...

make the whole crowd want to buy a datsun :)

later,

Chris

Some nice shifting and clutch work there. Sorry for being lazy, but, is there sway bars on this thing? Seems like it was understeering quite a bit.

Yes it has sway bars. This was just a shake down run. I set the alignment at 2.5 deg camber front and rear and both ends at 0 deg tow. I did this to see what we had. It seemed like it wanted to push in and it was loose off. We can dial that in no problem!:D

It was a VERY successful maiden voyage. I couldn't be happier with the work so far. I truly expected to have something go wrong on the test run.

This thing is going to absolutely blow people away!:thumbsup:

Not to take anthing away from the truck... but I think you're good driving skills was a major factor in that vid. :D

I think it also had to do with the drivers being passed by the MX520 taking time out to say WTF!!!!:eek::lol::lol::lol:

OK Bob, $64,000 question. When do you start marketing the MX520's and how much? :cool::D

Sorry guys - this is a labor of love not a labor of money!:D:lol:

You know how it goes, you don't keep track of your hours in a build, you do it for the LOVE!:P

That in-truck vid made my day, week and month. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. :lol: :lol:

Bob could you post a link to any track layout maps or their web site?

There seems to be a discussion about to paint or not. While it would surely be great to see a fresh paint job, it might lose some of the Rat/sleeper impact. Maybe just some vintage Datsun & Mazda race livery graphics over what is there now and buff them out so they look old. Fisch, Edz20zx here is your subject, get to drawing...

Edited by Figbuck
I'm a figbuck

Don't think there are any adjectives left to describe project. Really amazing, from the introduction, to the fabrication and vision, all the way up through a ride along.

Great job, it's really a privilege to have you post here and allow us all to be a virtual part of the project.

Congratulations on an great shake down!