Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! So when are we going to see video of the truck on the track? What do you have left to do?

Brake & clutch lines

Rebuild front brakes

Install stainless steel brake lines

Build front strut brace

Install two 8" pusher fans

Fab hood latch

Mount seats & belts

Install doors

Alignment

It is still sitting on the "mock up" suspension. I need to order the suspension I plan to run. That is only a 3 hour job. But it cost $1300

Hey - I'm damn motivated now! :D

This video is not very good. I'm learning how to do it better. I need to get it figured out for the first "Burn Out" video! (coming soon) :D

th_MX52010-23-09007.jpg

Today I'll get going on the brakes.

Getting the drivers door from the parts truck ready. The one that came on the MX520 is full of bondo.:mad:

I'm about to start on the exhaust. Sorry boys, I'm going to quiet it down SOME!:D

A few pics - - -

MX52010-23-09009.jpg[/img]

MX52010-23-09008.jpg

MX52010-24-09.jpg

dont want to thread jack or anything but id like an expert opinion my idea that you gave me:rolleyes: in the position that the subframes are mounted now, if you let them completely bottom out, would you be on the ground? if not, you think i could just mount the sub frames higher into the frame like notch the back and z the front to get it to lay? i know im on a completely different track here but if i had this performance like this i would just get into three times more trouble:D

Those wheels look better too.

Thanks.

Those are 15x7 off the Spec Miata race car. They will do for now. I am going to order some with less offset. I hope to tuck the wheels/tires in about an inch on both sides. I may need to custom order them. I'll have to do a little homework on that.

My brother is on his way over to help with the brake lines today. If we can do it - I'll video the first few steps of my new baby! :eek: :D :w00t: