Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

Be sure you read post #375 (bottom of page 15)

There is something else I'll try today. I'll change the ECU.

I'll let you all know what I find.

:glare:

Edited by Bob3
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....uuummmm.....my comments were for the miata wiring...not datsun. :)

I know Mike.:) That was for Yello620 who posted just before you. I "called in a friend" to help me. Wiring is not my thing. My buddy Bill is coming up one night this week to help me figure it out. He & I have been friends for almost 30 years now & he knows that I get frustrated with these problems.

Keep your fingers crossed. :)

So close and now this. :lol::lol: DANG IT!!! I noticed that two other people have suggested the clutch switch. That makes the most sence to me as well.

Hey Bob, I got the chance to drive a Miata last weekend. After about a half hour ride through one of my favorite twisties, I took it into a rising, 25 MPH, left hand corner near the 60 mark and it felt like I wrote the script on the reaction of the rear end. DANG THAT FELT GOOD!!

I WILL build a Miata/Datsun roadster.

IT RUNS ! KIND OF.

Here's what Bill found.

1 - Bad clutch safety switch. (you were on it Mike):)

2 - Bad fuel pump.:eek:

We bypassed the clutch switch. Then it would crank over. It would almost start. We used a wire to jump the fuel pump. This would pump up the pressure in the fuel line and it would start up and run for a few seconds then die. The line pressure is too low.

I'll have a new pump sent overnight from Mazda.

Will Friday be the day? :D

I WANT A VIDEO!!!!! Man, I am so stoked for you.

I'll get one up for sure. I'll have to have the kids help me "figure out how to do that." :lol:

I should have the new fuel pump tomorrow, then it should run! I have to plumb the brake and clutch lines (hard lines) I don't think that should be too difficult. Then I'll have to get a video of the first BURN OUT ! ! !

Yes - I'm sooo close now!:D:D:D:p

Look at it this way. You have TODAY to get some working brakes and clutch on that thing. Get off the computer and get a fire going in the shop. :D

LOL :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Congrad-u-freekin-lations!!!!!!:D

I am glad it is that simple...I mean in the broad spectrum of everything it COULD have been...not bad really.:)

So looking forward to hearing it and seeing it myself!

Congrats on all the family momentum in racing too... you and your boys are a force to be dealt with man!:cool: