Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - I can't get it to fire.:mad::unsure::confused:

I need to go through and double check all of my wiring. I took a few pics with the new dash set-up. The Miata ECU is tucked away nicely behind the factory 520 glove box. The mess under the steering column is where I'm looking for what ever it is that I missed.:mellow:

MX5209-07-09001.jpg

MX5209-07-09004.jpg

MX5209-07-09005.jpg

MX5209-07-09007.jpg

I also finished up the fuel lines and all of the rear wiring necessary to get it to run, (have not done rear lights yet). I'll get pics of that up later.

have you figure out if it's fuel or spark?

Not yet. That work thing is getting in the way again. I also have a pretty busy race schedule starting this weekend. I fly out Sunday to do a tire test on Monday in Michigan, return home Tuesday. I then fly out the next Sunday for Road America, in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin where I'll be testing for a week then racing in the National Championships on Saturday the 26th!

Sooo - The MX520 is on the back burner until the end of the month.:(

good eyesight! i think that may be holding up the steering column.

Judging by this picture he needed something at the proper angle to hold it in place. I may be wrong though

MX5208-155-09003.jpg

MX5209-07-09007.jpg

You are spot on! I welded it in and welded a plate to that 1" square tube & that holds the steering column.:thumbup:

The "Door to door" square tube probably won't hurt the structural rigidity during all those over-steer testing/hard cornering moments either...right?

Be safe Bob...happy travels and see you soon hopefully.

Looks...as usual...amazing.:D

Someone ought to help with a little PhotoShop action to see it green...and stuff.:cool:

Someone ought to help with a little PhotoShop action to see it green...and stuff.:cool:

I think I have a picture of the green I want. I'll look for it.

I did get a chance to get a little work done. I have the exhaust to the back of the cab. I just need to mount a muffler and hang it. Then that will be done.

I may have a little time on Saturday to do some stuff, we'll see.:unsure::mellow::rollseyes:

I think I have a picture of the green I want. I'll look for it.

I may have a little time on Saturday to do some stuff, we'll see.:unsure::mellow::rollseyes:

Yeah...I would love to see a PS mock-up of the truck in green..and then print it so I could draw on it!:D

Congrats on your sponsorship...and you kids too! Be safe..drive it like its paid for! (and by someone else too!:):cool:

Talk to you soon man.

I love your ride Bob! What are the kids thinking of it...."Can we Dad??" haha

I'm not in favor of the rims but it's a clean looking truck! I would almost expect a "sporty" rim to go on that "Dat-zda" maybe try a good set of aluminum rims with a "Work Metal Buff" which is a high polish and a clear coat(powder?). We all know you will deliver on the choice!

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

See we told you you missed a lot Drastic!!! Aren't you glad you're back!

I want it to look a lot like this! I love this color. What do you all think?

NiceDatto.jpg

YES!!!

Sweetest color for sure! I love the subtle look....so much!:cool:

And rims...whatever...they will need to fit...offset's gonna be the killer though. Should be good man! I can't wait to see it.:D

I want it to look a lot like this! I love this color. What do you all think?

NiceDatto.jpg

BTW: I thought I saw this truck for sale not too long ago? Is it still for sale?

yeah that truck has been up for sale a few times recently. It is nowhere near as nice as it looks in the pics. Painted over dings and dents, kinda blows the whole deal for me being a bodyman and painter. Nice, but could have been so much nicer with just a little more effort

Your project is looking killer man!!! Cant wait to see it run!!!

I walked into my shop today and had this overwhelming feeing of joy. It just made me happy to have a day to do nothing and see my toys waiting for me to come and play!

Here is the scene that made me feel like this:

MX5209-19-09007.jpg

MX5209-19-09008.jpg

:D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

That is some joy right there Bob! I walked into my garage today with the mission to clean it out and prepare it for the arrrivial of the 1959. My theory is to be able to store 4 cars in an oversized 2 bay garage:

1)1971 Datsun

2)1959 Datsun

3)1989 Suxuki Swift GTi

4)2004 MAzda MPV

I think I might need some of those car wheel dollies! (good thing Datsuns are so small)

WELL???? You've had 12 hours to "PLAY". What did you do today BOB?!?!

I got the rear end buttoned up. The fuel lines are routed and secured. The fuel filter (OEM MX5) is mounted. Boy, that fuel injection hose is EXPENSIVE!!! $5.50 / foot!

Here is what it looks like back in the back now:

MX5209-19-09002.jpg

MX5209-19-09001.jpg

MX5209-19-09003.jpg

I found a "parts truck" a few weeks ago in Nebraska. It has a nice straight hood!

MX5209-19-09004.jpg

I started stripping the 5 layers of paint off of it.