Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Guys - I've been traveling. I plan to get back to it this weekend.

My goal is to have it running & driving by:

drum roll please . . .

April 1st! Yes, April fools day:fu::eek::lol::D:blink::P

I better get busy!

You go boy...the rest of us are just jealous!:D

Everytime my truck hits a huge bump and the front suspension bottoms out...even just a little...I wonder what it would feel like to have coil-overs and ball-joints instead.

Everytime I have to "panic" mash the brakes (even though the truck stops alright)...I wonder what it would feel like to have cross-drilled vented rotors...on all 4 corners instead.

Everytime I hear the valves making even the slightest little tapping noise, or an exhaust leak, or the carb gasping for air with my foot shoved all the way into it, or the clunk that the tranny makes while being unmercifully jammed into 3rd gear, or the rich smell of the exhaust on a cold morning while the motor thumps away under the wiggling hood...

I wonder what it would feel like to have what you have...or soon will.

Many of us are living the dream through you Bob. We are so proud of you.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've been busy, not working on my Datto though. :eek:

I just got a new job! I accepted the General Manager postiton at Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR). The track is just south of Colorado Springs, Colorado. It has hosted some big races in the past including the Indy Cars (IRL) and the NASCAR Craftsman Trucks. I'm very excited about the new opportunity!

I'll be a little late on the MX520 completion date. I will get some updates SOON!

Bob

Oh freegin crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am seriously laughing my az off after watching that video! Holy crap thats funny! Thanks for sharing!

Sorry Bob...your cool too, but that is some funny stuff right there!:D

holy crap bob! that's freaking amazing! congratulations on the new job. I couldn't imagine the amount of responsibility you have now..... you got to get all the Coloratsuns on the track :lol:

Ill be sure to tell Mrs. Greagor the good news. :)

I will try to set up a Datto meet / show / track event. I need to get out there and look at the schedule. When I do that I'll start another thread in the "Events" section. That way we can all have input on a date and what we would like to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are a few pics!

I got the steering rack and column installed.

TommysStuff023.jpg

TommysStuff022.jpg

TommysStuff021.jpg

TommysStuff020.jpg

TommysStuff018.jpg

I am going to try and find the time to get this darn thing done.

Bob

Looking great Bob, Seeing these pics brings back so many memories. :)Now I bet your feeling reved up to make some more progress on that baby huh? ;)Nothing fells better than when a plan comes together, especialy when you make the plan an follow through. Glad to see the progress, keep up the great work!:cool:

Ladies and gentlemen...back from hibernation...believe it or not...I give you...

BOB!!!!!

:D

That looks really good man! I am lookin forward to makin it down to see it firsthand. as always, nice work Bob.:cool:

mklotz70 - Glad to see you back Bob. How's the new job??

Thanks Mike, it's good to be back. The new job is great. It sure feels good to get back out in the shop and tinker around with the MX520.

I'm adding to my Datsun collection today.:eek: I'm going to pick up a '78 620 KC!!!:thumbsup::D:p:w00t: I'll get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Talk soon -

RIGHT ON!!!!! Can you really have too many Datsuns? :rolleyes:

Naaaaaa:D

when its not your place and your storing them taking up the propedy owners driveway yes :D