Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

This is a shot from WAY BACK in November when I started this project.

Note the left front fender damage - :eek:

Datto320002.jpg

My buddy Rick from Black & White Auto Body & Paint fixed the fender for me. Note the shot from inside the fender - no bondo! :thumbsup:

MX52012-19-08002.jpg

MX52012-19-08005.jpg

MX52012-19-08003.jpg

MX52012-19-08001.jpg

Hopefully I can get some work done this weekend!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a shot from WAY BACK in November when I started this project.

Note the left front fender damage - :eek:

Datto320002.jpg[/img]

My buddy Rick from Black & White Auto Body & Paint fixed the fender for me. Note the shot from inside the fender - no bondo! :thumbsup:

MX52012-19-08002.jpg[/img]

MX52012-19-08005.jpg[/img]

MX52012-19-08003.jpg[/img]

MX52012-19-08001.jpg[/img]

Hopefully I can get some work done this weekend!

"This is a shot from WAY BACK in November when I started this project"

I'am amazed at the amount of work you have done with your project in the time frame you have had so far, keep up the good work and again I'am finally glad someone had saw some potential on the miata suspension like I did way back when, the miata is like a virtual kit car for the masses and I have always wondered what you can do with the "kitcar" suspension in another project car, I forone have been contemplating it in use for a '64 datsun fairlady since I want it to handle better than factory, I already have the miata seats in it right now so I might as well commit to going all miata suspension also since I have been thinking about using it for about 3 years in something that is worthy of its parts, thanks for all the inspiration.

I forone have been contemplating it in use for a '64 datsun fairlady since I want it to handle better than factory.

I think the idea of doing this to a 520 is off the wall. That is what makes it so bitch'n. I'm with you on the Fairlady. I would LOVE to do this to a Roadster. But put in a totally bad ass SR.

I have the pass side strut tower about done. I'm going to tear into the drivers side next. I'm so excited that I have 4 GLORIOUS days to work in my shop on my Datto!:D:D:D

MX52012-25-08004.jpg

MX52012-25-08006.jpg

MX52012-25-08007.jpg

I'll keep working and posting for the next 4 days!:P

So, does the sheet metal that you used to join the shock tower to the inner fender bare any load?

No. I will build a removeable strut brace though. The RED strut towers that are now welded into the inner fenders can be unbolted at their base from the subframe and they will come off with the cab and inner fenders.

• Like 1

Phleb...Bob is way to busy building awesome fabrication masterpieces to be out flinging his fragile body around on a mountain bike...:lol:

There are lots of great places out here...many of them under snow right now.:D

Bob...the work looks great, this last batch of pics did not load all the way...at least it seems that way to me.:blink:

:cool: Peace man...Happy New Year!