Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...those gauges look so great man! I have the same thing in mind...different gauges...same result.:D

Madness is right...this thing is beyond rad in person...and I haven't seen it in months!:cool:

How was the response from the VW guys?

Thanks Mike, PM sent.

The VW show was fun there were quite a few interested poeple. They were blown away for the most part! The independent suspension got a lot of double takes.:D

I don't have any cool pics yet.:(

This truck is FREAKIN AWSOME.!!!:D

The gauges will really set the dash off right, you have very good taste, your truck is looking very sweeeettt...cant wait to see the completed art...keep the pics comin...

Thanks! I plan to spend all day sunday in the shop.

I'll have some new pics up tomorrow. It's time to tackle the wiring. :thumbup:

I got the main harness (behind the dash) in place. I routed it through the stock holes, I just had to make them bigger. It worked out great that the stock Miata rubber boots just snapped into place!

DRIVERS SIDE:

MX5208-30-09001.jpg

PASSENGER SIDE:

MX5208-30-09003.jpg

IT IS ALL DONE UNDER THE HOOD. THE ONE WIRE NEAR THE BRAKE MASTER THAT IS NOT PLUGGED IN IS FOR THE MASS-AIR-FLOW-METER.

MX5208-30-09008.jpg

MX5208-30-09010.jpg

MX5208-30-09009.jpg

FUSE BLOCK:

MX5208-30-09011.jpg

DIAGNOSIS ACCESS PORT:

MX5208-30-09012.jpg

Edited by Bob3
As usual Bob.....Nice work!! Is the color in the engine bay the finall color?

No, that's just primer. Madness is on the money. I plan to get it done and do some testing. Then, once I'm sure that I don't need to add or change anything, I'll take it all the way apart. I plan to have the frame sand-blasted and powder-coated. I will grind down those welds in the engine bay. Then do body work and paint. I think I'm going back with the stock green color. What do you think?

x4 for the green....only with something a little different to set it off.

Off-White roof, or metal-flake roof, or tan roof...tan rims...or two tone body, or black roof:cool:, black body line, but for sure pinstripes:cool: (Madness?:D)...

It's gonna be awesome man! Hope to see it in person really soon...

Next month is the last Golden Super Cruise of the year. Last night there were well over 1000 cars there from what I could tell. The little Datsun got tons of thumbs ups and several really great comments from people that were clearly impressed with it. I would love to see what they would say about yours man!:cool: We should at least meet and you could bring your KC up...During the summer, first Saturday of the month...the cruise starts at the top of the hill in Golden...at the Sonic/King Soopers and goes all the way to old downtown and back...cars all the way...both sides!:blink: and filling the street.

Have a good one Bob.:)

I washed the motor I plan to run in the MX520 and installed it today. Here it is ready to go to the car wash.

MX5209-06-09006.jpg

MX5209-06-09007.jpg

Nice and CLEAN!:D:):D:D

MX5209-06-09009.jpg

Here is what it is looking like now. Motor installed and getting VERY VERY Close! ! !

MX5209-06-09013.jpg

MX5209-06-09012.jpg

MX5209-06-09011.jpg

I'm going to try and fire this thing tomorrow! :D :lol: :thumbsup: