• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE ! ! !

I'm sorry, life got in the way of my project. I have done some work though.

The firewall is done! :D:D:D The rear shock mounts are done! The rear subframe is fully mounted. The floor is getting close. If I can work a few nights this week and both days this weekend I should make some HUGE progress! We'll see.

Now for some pics! :eek:

MX5207-27-09002.jpg

MX5207-27-09003.jpg

MX5207-27-09005.jpg

MX5207-27-09008.jpg

MX5207-27-09009.jpg

MX5207-27-09010.jpg

MX5207-27-09011.jpg

MX5207-27-09012.jpg

There, I feel better! :lol:

bout damn time ive had one datto totaled and another almost built in the time it took to get an update lmao on a serious note things are looking beautifuli cant wait to see vid of this thing blowing hondas away

Yeah Bob...great job! I got your message, I will call back today. If you get this first then just know that I will be in touch man.

Yeah Madness...I think Bob needs to make his KC into a car hauler so he can tow this thing around...huge flat bed...slanted ramp rear...dually back axles...two of them...that would fix his tow capacity!:lol:

Love the fab work Bob.

How is the rim selection coming? Do you have some picked out yet?

I just seen this thread and I'm really starting to like this forum. This is what I'm into when it comes to cars. Making stuff work that wasn't ever suppose to. It's hard to impress me and you have done it. Mad fabbing skills to say the least. I'm into straight racing but use to street race when I was a kid. 1/4 in one and highway runs in my 80 T/A, 241 rear gear.:D It was years ago and those days are over but I wouldn't mine doing some road racing. I'd say I'm outdated now a days with all the new stuff they have out. It would still be fun.

One thing I was wondering is what does a motor like that weigh? I couldn't get a good look at it in the pics but how far over the front wheel is it resting? With a light rearend and weight over the front wheel will it hold the track or will you have to slide the rearend around the hard curves?

With a light rearend and weight over the front wheel will it hold the track or will you have to slide the rearend around the hard curves?

My plan shows that the weight balance should be very close to 50/50. I will have the fuel tank in this weekend and I'll throw the motor / trans in and weigh it. I'll post the results here.

I couldn't get a good look at it in the pics but how far over the front wheel is it (the engine) resting?

The center line of the front axle is in line with #3 sparkplug (#1 is the farthest forward).

hey bob you comming out to cali to do the suspention work on my 56 chevy ;) i cant wait to see this thing finished

Yeah man...he will be right over to your place...:blink:

AFTER HE FINISHES MY SIMCA~~~!!!!!!!:lol:

With work this nice though Bob...it is pretty hard to not be all jealous and stuff.:D